1) Oversee 2-3 COVID-19 testing sites on the Universityâ™s campus where students, staff, and faculty will self-collect test samples.Â 2) Under the direction of the UChicago COVID Testing Program Executive Director, oversee day to day responsibilities for weekly testing of a cohort of faculty, students or staff. 3) Manage a team of Testing Coordinators assigned to their cohort throughout the testing process. 4) Responsible for onsite testing processes; includes ensuring all participants are pre-registered, managing the flow of testing participants, ensuring timely courier pick up of specimens for transport to the lab, and reviewing testing completion to ensure all registered participants are tested each week. 5) Responsible for daily site operations, such as opening/closing procedures are followed, inventory is adequate for daily operations, appropriate PPE guidelines are followed by Testing Liaisons, and other duties assigned by the Executive Director or his/her delegate. 6) Ensure safeguarding of protected health information (PHI) and follow HIPAA guidelines. 7) Ensure necessary participant tracking reports are escalated to the appropriate team members for follow up and resolution.Â 8) This position will be on-campus with no availability to work remotely. 9) This is a temporary position that is expected to last 9-12 months with the possibility of extension based on mutual agreement.
10) Flexible weekly hours alternating between 3 and 4 days per week.
1) Managerial/supervisory experience in healthcare, public health or management setting. 2) Experience working in an ambulatory care/ behavioral health setting.Â 3) Higher education experience. 4) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. 5) Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload for the staff.Â 6) Able to function both autonomously and as part of a team.Â 7) Demonstrated good judgment and decision-making capabilities. 8) Management experience, effectively supervise teams. 9) Strong customer service orientation and a commitment to excellence and accuracy while working in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment. 10) Proficiency with computers, data entry and analysis. 11) Experience with electronic medical records. 12) Handle confidential information with professionalism and discretion. 13) Excellent time management, organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
14) Knowledge and skill of RN, LPN, and MA clinical practice duties.
1) Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing, Healthcare Management, Hospital Administration or equivalent.
1) Four to six years of experience.
2) Experience in human sample collections.
3) Experience in and daily management /oversight of diagnostics or lab testing sites.
4) Clinical or public health background.
5) Demonstrated experience and expertise in managing different sites in a healthcare environment.
6) Work in an ambulatory care setting.
7) Work in a behavioral health setting.
8) Higher education experience.
2) Cover Letter
3) Reference Contact Information (3)
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR09000
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.