In addition to your rotations, you will participate in a structured program that includes self assessment and reflection, 360-degree feedback, Blue Shield’s leadership development
curriculum, and other experiences to grow your industry knowledge, business acumen, and
Upon graduation from this program, you will be uniquely prepared to compete for program
and/or people manager positions across the company. You will receive support from the
program as part of this transition to your first full time position, including customized training
and connecting you to opportunities and hiring managers as you complete your final
Candidate Profile Requirements
• Completed a master’s degree at an accredited university in a relevant discipline –
Business, Public Health or similar preferred - within 1-3 years prior to the program start
in July 2021.
• 5-6 years of work experience not including internships (supervisory and leadership experience a plus)
• Background and/or emphasis in one of more key business areas:
o Health care (e.g., quality, clinical, pharmacy, public health)
o Information Technology (software, hardware, digital design, enterprise
o Customer service or support
o General business
• Must be willing and able to relocate every six months, as participants will rotate through company
locations in the San Francisco Bay area, greater Sacramento area, and Los Angeles
• Occasional travel between various California offices required.
• The SEL program welcomes applications from any qualified individual who is lawfully
authorized to work full-time in the United States. The SEL program is not able to
provide sponsorship for employment visas
Skills & Qualifications
• Passionate - about our mission to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality
health care at an affordable price - and about helping to create the future of
• Capacity to be a change agent, demonstrating persistence and resilience when
faced with challenges; a high level of flexibility
• Strong written & oral business communication skills
• Demonstrated learning agility and ability to quickly come up to speed in a fastpaced business environment
• Ability to quickly develop productive relationships with colleagues and management
• Aspiration to continuously learn and grow your career at an accelerated pace
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details
• Track record of getting high-quality results in a complex and fast-paced environment,
while demonstrating interpersonal awareness and self-management
• Collaborates well with all levels of an organization on complex projects, equally
capable as a project leader or a member of the team
• Basic project management skills, including use of project management tools and
discipline to organize the work and complete delivered on time and on budget.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook
Internal Number: 20021I
About Blue Shield Of California
Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardestworking, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. BlueShield of California’s Mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality care atan affordable price. Blue Shield is focused on improving health care delivery by workingclosely with providers and making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric.Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 4 millionmembers: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, andsince 2005 we have contributed more than $325 million to the Blue Shield of CaliforniaFoundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe thata healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources todevelop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program,Wellvolution.
BACK TO TOP
MPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MPA Career Center.