1) Lead the Deanâ™s office projects and initiatives that advance the institutionâ™s academic and administrative effectiveness, engaging the right resources and holding parties accountable for deadlines.
2) Create systems and processes to prioritize requests and activities, using excellent judgement to determine which require the direct involvement of the Dean and/or Deputy Deans to ensure the Deanâ™s time remains focused on highest priority activities.
3) Develop and implement systems to organize, communicate, and manage key priorities and projects on behalf of the Dean.
4) Supports the Dean in the overall management of staff including organizational design and personnel concerns.
5) Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and performs a wide range of duties that require sensitivity, independent judgment, diplomacy, discretion, and flexibility.
6) Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
7) Partner closely with Associate Deans, Deputy Deans, and administrators within SSA and across the University to ensure successful operations and activities under each leaderâ™s purview; provide updates to the Dean, as necessary.
8) Facilitate meetings with administrators; establish cadences, prepare agendas, circulate pertinent information, and follow up on necessary matters to accelerate completion.
9) Lead implementation and change management efforts of strategic objectives, partnering with appropriate leaders and staff to achieve goals.
10) Act with diplomacy in an academic environment to build trusted relationships with a broad range of individuals within SSA and across the broader University.
1) Proven project management skills with experience managing to deadlines, ability to understand and address interdependencies and competing preferences, manage various stakeholders, and familiarity with efficient systems and processes.
2) Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
3) Ability to work independently, be proactive and to follow through with attention to detail.
4) Ability to plan, prioritize and oversee multiple projects, meet deadlines for deliverables.
5) Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend or implement an effective course of action.
6) Ability to build relationships and influence others.
7) Knowledge and understanding of institutional policies, procedures, and decision-making structures.
1) Masters Degree
1) 10 years of work experience with increasing responsibility.
2) Experience and knowledge of the University of Chicago and/or social service sector
2) Cover Letter
3) References upon request
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08853
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.