Are you a leader in Infrastructure & Operations? If so Harvey Nash may have the opportunity for you.
Harvey Nash are recruiting a Head of Infrastructure on behalf of a market leading global FinTech organisation in Leeds. You'll be working for a global data driven company who provide huge amount of data to millions of customers around the world who look to this organisation for guidance and support. We're looking for an Head of IT Infrastructure & Operations who has a passion for Infrastructure, IT Service Management, Service Improvement and IT Operations. You'll be providing strategic leadership and oversight of our Infrastructure as a Service organisation and you will own the strategy across Service and Infrastructure business areas (Cloud, Platform Operations, Network Management, Storage & Servers, Service Management, Middleware and DBAs.)
* Accountable for the end to end Infrastructure, Operations & Service business units
* Responsible for defining and executing the transformation Infrastructure as a Service Roadmaps
* Manage IAAS cloud teams for cloud Network, cloud Engineering and Platform Services to support the Development on the Application migration Roadmap.
* Provides leadership for the delivery of 24/7 Infrastructure service operations and SLA/OLA attainment across the technology portfolio
* Accountable for the deployment of appropriate systems management and automation
* Direct, motivate, coach, mentor and provide leadership to employees within this business function
* Own and control the operating and capital budgets
* Champion, Direct, guide and implement policies, procedures, standards and best practice.
Skills and Experience
* At least 10 years of experience in the IT industry, with a preference for financial or big data services
* Strong Technology background/experience and working technical knowledge relating to networks, data center services, security services, database technology and Mainframes
* Technical understanding of Cloud and infrastructure services, including GCP; AWS and Microsoft Azure, and integrating on-premise networking, servers and storage. Proven experience will be highly valued.
* Proven experience with aligning strategy, talent, technology and general systems to build cross-functional relationships and to achieve outstanding business results
* Broad and advanced understanding of modern information technology and processes in a large, complex, mission critical environment
* Experience of Agile, Lean, project management (Agile / Prince2) and leadership methodologies
* Ability to balance production enterprise IT maturity with cloud agility
* Bring an Automation First attitude
* Experience in delivering services and projects using outsourcing partners
* Experience of integrating technology teams, tools and processes as part of M&A programs
* Experience in building, motivating and managing medium sized remote teams
* Successful track record of delivering business cases to securing major technology investment
* Experience of delivering service improvement plans
* Experience of managing multi-million dollar budgets
* Experience in implementing service management cultures in complex organizations with multiple internal business units
* Strong stakeholder management with experience of communicating with business leaders up to C-level and customers
* Experience of working in a world-class international company
* Experience in negotiating commercial agreements, specifically outsourcing, out-tasking and software license agreements