Controlling Analyst (Tolling) - Research Triangle Park, NC or major BASF / Agricultural Solutions NA Sites
July 22, 2020
Controlling Analyst (Tolling) - Research Triangle Park, NC or major BASF / Agricultural Solutions NA Sites-2001573 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Controlling Analyst (Tolling) (2001573) - Research Triangle Park, NC or major BASF / AP NA Sites
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for site controlling activities across AP NA Tollers (Crop Protection & Seed), including accurate and timely analysis and reporting of cost accounting data for the plants / sites assigned. You will have primary responsibility to support site/ plant management and/or APN management with financial analysis, planning, forecasting and production of service costs.
You are expected to have a clear focused attention to detail, strong ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to business partner with key stakeholders within the business as well as others across the organization.
Adherence to financial controls, BASF Group Accounting guidelines as well as annual audit requirements will be key, including but not limited to Annual physical inventory counts and related procedures are key to this position. This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate your strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, as well as your ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across functions and businesses (NA and AP Globally). Although not required, any understanding you have of procurement, sales, or audit areas and/or SAP and digital tools experience (e.g. - PowerBI, Tableau) is advantageous in this role.
This position reports directly to the Finance Business Manager within Agricultural Solutions North America.
Travel for the role is expected to be up to 25%, subject to business needs and changing requirements. Peak times for travel will occur during annual physical inventory counts.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your education in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics (CPA considered a strong plus) and your relevant finance/site/controlling experience, you will be responsible for product costing activities for third party Tollers across Crop Protection and Seeds businesses. This includes timely and accurate collection, analysis and reporting of cost accounting data for the plants in scope, as well as assistance with annual operating plans and monthly forecast variances.
* Applying your excellent analytical thinking, with the ability to challenge, present new ideas, drive change and influence decisions, you will understand and analyze trends, changes, developments and their impact on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), i.e. plant costs, valuation for raw materials, intermediates and finished goods.
* Demonstrating your proficiency in computer skills, global reporting tools and ability to drive digitization, automation and simplification, you will prepare and distribute monthly plant cost reports to site / business management.
* Your keen attention to detail and knowledge of BASF policies, procedures, IFRS and internal controls will be essential as you perform annual physical inventory counts, ensuring adherence to BASF Group guidelines and protocols.
* Being a strong self-starter who pays close attention to all details, you will identify trends, question abnormalities and proactively resolve outlying data points.
* Utilizing your strong entrepreneurial drive with proven ability to initiate, lead and execute process improvements, you will proactively identify and implement opportunities for key process efficiencies to improve overall business/financial operations.
* Having the agility to manage complex business requirements, decisions and ad-hoc initiatives/projects, you will provide ad-hoc support of key business, regional and/or global initiatives and projects.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. [email protected] is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With [email protected], you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Function: CONT - Controlling
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN/F-Ag Products N. America-63018452
Internal Number: 624043
About BASF Corporation
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.