Controller Solutions Lead - Research Triangle Park, NC
July 22, 2020
Controller Solutions Lead - Research Triangle Park, NC-2001574 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Controller Solutions Lead (2001574) - Research Triangle Park, NC
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to have full responsibility for designing digital business solutions, increasing data transparency and in turn enabling effective steering and decision making. Simplification, creative/innovative thinking, communication, and a continuous improvement mindset are key to success. As a key contributor in the area of digital analysis, you will work closely and/or directly with the Digital Factory team as well as the broader AP Global Controlling community to harmonize and develop digital solutions for AP globally and NA region.
You will be a core business partner to businesses and functions of AP units in North America. Through innovation, a high degree of engagement and an entrepreneurial mindset, you will design and deliver BI/Analytic-related solutions ranging from idea creation, development phase and implementation, to interpretation of financial data, business models, analysis of regional results, KPIs and visualization.
As an expert and change agent in advanced business tools and solutions, you will be part of the Regional Planning, Forecasting and Reporting team supporting AP in NA. Your ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across functions and businesses (NA and AP globally) will be beneficial, as this role requires close collaboration with various stakeholders within the organization, including broader APN and AP Global Agricultural Solutions. This role will be the AP global owner of "ALFA" - a global AP Controlling tool used to capture long-term growth plans and respective margin development.
A high degree of independent work and considerable impact / contribution is expected. This role will further support financial analysis of regional results, including but not limited to actuals, forecasting and planning.
This role reports directly to Manager, Financial Planning & Reporting within Agricultural Solutions North America.
Travel for the role is expected to be up to 25%, subject to business needs and changing requirements.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your education in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics and your relevant finance/controlling experience, you will drive the development of digital business solutions across AP NA, focusing on financial data transparency, simplification, automation and visualization. Member of the Global AP Digital Community with a focus on transforming AP standard controlling solutions, thereby increasing effectiveness of business steering decisions.
* Your demonstrated advance knowledge and experience in SAP, BW, SQL Server, Power BI, Tableau (and other global tools) will be essential as you create, maintain and further develop reporting/analytical solutions for the business.
* Being a strong self-starter who pays close attention and has a "bigger picture" mindset, you will identify trends, question abnormalities and proactively resolve outlying data points.
* Your strong communication, presentation, collaboration and interpersonal skills, as well as your excellent strategic and analytical thinking, will serve you well as you serve as a Core Business Partner to analyze and interpret financial data, model various scenarios, identify trends and bring forward synopsis, conclusions and recommendations.
* Utilizing your strong entrepreneurial drive with proven ability to initiate, lead and execute process improvements/risk mitigating measures, you will proactively identify and implement opportunities for key process and cost efficiencies to improve overall business/financial operations.
* Your proficiency in digital tools, computer skills, global reporting tools and an ability to drive digitization, automation and simplification will be critical as you serve as the AP global owner of "ALFA" - the Global AP Controlling tool used to capture long-term growth plans and respective margin development.
* Having the agility to manage complex business requirements, ad-hoc initiatives and projects, you will provide ad-hoc support of key business, regional and/or global initiatives and projects, including but not limited to financial modeling of "what if" scenarios.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. [email protected] is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With [email protected], you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Function: CONT - Controlling
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN/F-Ag Products N. America-63012425
Internal Number: 624081
About BASF Corporation
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.