To coordinate our internal COVID-19 response, MassArt is creating a MassArt COVID Coordinator position. This person will be the COVID-focused MassArt point person for the Broad Institute’s testing initiative, the Colleges of the Fenway (COF)/US Healthy Work (USHW) coalition, Student Health Center, Office of Human Resource, Office of Housing and Residence Life, and other MassArt leaders to ensure smooth interactions and clear communications. This person will also lead MassArt’s internal contact tracing program.
This is a non-benefited temporary contract position up to 1 year.
Summary of Duties:
· Oversee the implementation of an on-board testing system for returning resident students, off-campus students, commuter students and employees. Plan, organize, and oversee all aspects of third-party testing of students and employees with the guidance of the Director of Student Health.
· Coordinate with MassArt Office of International Studies to ensure that students and employees who return to campus from another country or state are informed of campus policies and the latest state travel advisory regarding self-quarantine.
· Coordinate with Broad Institute in providing symptomatic testing and testing of on-campus close contacts. Oversee regular surveillance testing on populations at higher risk for exposure. Develop and maintain a master calendar for testing. Serve as the campus administrator and point of contact for testing lab and COVID-19 digital solutions application vendors.
· Help enforce the use of daily symptom monitoring app by the student body. Coordinate data collection with the Broad Institute. Develop a plan to encourage employees to use the app. Participate in all training to learn procedures for third-party test administration and use of appropriate software and symptom checker databases. Monitor daily symptom checker database, coordinate outreach with Health Services staff and contact students as needed to promote daily use of symptom checkers.
· Oversee and manage MassArt’s contact tracing team. Implement the isolation and quarantine plans for students and employees who test positive or who have been identified as being close contacts of positive cases. Provide oversight of team scripts and guidelines for quarantine, and isolation. Ensure contact tracing team follows best practices and DPH/CDC guidelines on COVID-19 contact tracing. Coordinate with DPH-designated contract tracers following the identification of any case or close contact.
· Coordinate with Student Health Services to manage the progress of students who test positive or who have been identified as being close contacts of positive cases. Establish protocols to ensure that students in isolation or quarantine have appropriate support and services.
· Coordinate with the Office of Human Resources to manage the progress of employees who test positive or who have been identified as being close contacts of positive cases. Help establish protocols to monitor absenteeism rates among employees to evaluate possible outbreaks.
· Coordinate with the Boston public health agency and with relevant local public health agencies to have clear communications about isolation and quarantine plans for students and employees who test positive or who have been identified as being close contacts of positive cases. Coordinate with public health agencies, Student Health Services, and the Office of Human Resources to document the clearance of students and employees to be removed from quarantine/isolation.
· Collect data, metrics, and dashboard reports and evaluate the progress of all COVID-19 MassArt activities. Maintain a database in support of testing and contacting tracing processes. Ensure that results and relevant data is regularly reported to the MA DPH, as required. Monitor regional disease trends and help recalibrate appropriate measures. Produce special reports and statistical analysis of epidemiological investigations to ensure readiness for responding to COVID-19.
· Provide regular reports to the President’s Cabinet. Coordinate with MassArt’s Department of Marketing and Communications to ensure communication activities are based on accepted principles, methods and best practices.
· Responsible for overall safeguarding of protected health information (PHI). Respond to emergency events relative to communication and reporting. Ensure that state epidemiological reporting requirements are met, including testing data being transferred to MAVEN through appropriate local board of health.
· Demonstrate civility and professional, customer-service oriented behavior, worthy of emulation by other staff and students. Other duties as assigned.
The COVID-19 MassArt Coordinator will conduct this work at the direction of the Vice President of Student Development, with guidance from the medical director of the Student Health Center and the executive director of the Office of Human Resources.
This position will remain open until there is a sufficient applicant pool or filled.
Massachusetts College of Art and Design is a public, independent institution that prepares artists, designers, and educators from diverse backgrounds to shape communities, economies, and cultures for the common good, and demonstrate our values by:
Pursuing a just, compassionate, and equitable learning environment.
Cultivating rigorous creative practices by observing, questioning, making and remaking.
Honoring courage, honesty, mutual respect, and self-expression.
Believing in the power of art and design to transform our world.
Please note that MassArt does not provide employment-based visa sponsorship or non-student exchange visitor visa sponsorship for administrators, managers, technical staff, library staff or support staff. All offers of employment are based on appropriate U.S. work authorization.
MassArt currently does not provide reimbursement for travel.
Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check relative to prior criminal convictions and pending cases, as well as Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) checks relative to prior sexual offenses committed as an adult or juvenile will be conducted on the final candidate prior to an offer of employment. MassArt requires specific written authorization to conduct background checks. Failure to provide such authorization shall preclude your application from receiving further consideration.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Five years of work experience in a position that includes detail-oriented customer service or clinical care • Two years of supervisory experience in a healthcare, public health, or management setting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Master’s degree in healthcare administration, public health, business administration, management, or a related field of study preferred • Experience with electronic medical record, epidemiology module, and MAVEN proficient in Microsoft Office • Commitment to working with a diverse and inclusive community • Strong customer service, organizational, time management, verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. • Bilingual abilities in Spanish are a plus.
About Massachusetts College of Art and Design
The five educational institutions that make up Colleges of the Fenway view diversity as a key component in the growth of our students' educational experience as well as our ongoing journey as professionals charged with maintaining the world class status of our institutions. By drawing from a wide cultural palette, we ensure that we have access to the full range of talent available. Through our respect for the vast array of backgrounds we create an environment that will help that talent grow. It is within an environment of respect that we are able to build and work toward our goals. Our goal is to create an atmosphere that values mutual respect. All Colleges of the Fenway members have policies and practices designed to safeguard our healthy environment as well as provide the support and access needed to do so. The Colleges of the Fenway are located in the heart of Bostons academic, scientific and cultural communities and is within walking distance from landmarks such as the Museum of Fine Arts, Fenway Park, Symphony Hall and world renowned medical institutions. Jobs at Emmanuel College: http://emmanuel.edu/About_Emmanuel/Employment.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Art and Design...: http://www.massart.edu/About_MassArt/Careers.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: http://www.mcphs.edu/about-mcphs/careers-at-mcphsJobs at Simmons College: http://simmons.edu/overview/about/jobs/Jobs at Wentworth Institute of Technology: https://jobs.wit.edu/