The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of America's electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
* Top Workplace by the Washington Post * 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld Magazine * 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian * CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance * Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln, NE * Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of America * State of NE Governor's Wellness Award - Grower Level
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person's overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
Summary Sr Manager Membership M.2
Leads and sets strategic direction of Membership department as NRECA's primary portal for access to and delivery of member facing services for 1500 organizations and their 72,000 employees. Develops and manages business standards for member interactions to ensure information accuracy and excellent customer support. Develops efficient processes to ensure reliability and availability of membership data used to support member communications and guide business-critical decisions. Develops and directs consistent business policies and practices for all voting and non-voting member types and ensures bylaw compliance. Manages membership onboarding, offboarding, and dues collection for voting, Affiliate, Associate and International members. Works with the Marketing department to formulate marketing campaigns and implements those campaigns. Responsible for crafting and implementing NRECA strategic member engagement initiatives to foster improved long-term relationships between NRECA and members.
Purpose and Mission
1. Leads and sets strategic direction of Membership department as NRECA's primary portal for access to and delivery of member facing services for 1500 organizations and their 72,000 employees. * Manages staff to deliver member facing service and support of 837 voting members, and 90 affiliate members, and their employees. * Matrix manages Business Development team to provide consistent administrative policies for 400 associate members. * Develops and manages $1M department budget. Reviews and approves invoices for payment. * Takes immediate action on delicate tasks and deals with member problems directly and discreetly. * Hires, trains, and develops direct reports. * Coaches staff to become a highly functioning, adaptive team. * Develops collaborative and trusted working relationships with senior leaders and other key staff in order to improve service and execute strategies developed by executive leadership to maximize value to our members. * Participates as a key stakeholder on AMS enhancement and upgrade projects. * Assists the department VP with project management and communications. * Serves as product owner for Travel Tracker. Oversees data integrity and reporting. * Formulates initiatives based on annual strategic priorities.
2. Develops and manages business standards for member interactions to ensure information accuracy and excellent customer support. Develops efficient processes to ensure reliability and availability of membership data used to support member communications and guide business-critical decisions. * Develops procedures to ensure key data on member systems, related organizations, vendors, business partners as well as the directors and employees of these organizations is accurate and current. * Oversees solicitation and update of co-op Board, officer and key employee data. Develops procedures to ensure bylaw required data is updated annually. * Manages administrative and user technical support for voting delegate certifications. * Manages the consultant and contractor access process to cooperative.com. * Identifies systemic issues/changes ideal for automation to advance data integrity across systems. * Participates as a key stakeholder on AMS enhancement and upgrade projects. * Develops collaborative and trusted working relationships with senior leaders and other key staff. Looks for ways the Membership department can support and collaborate with other departments to improve service to our members.
3. Develops and directs consistent business policies and practices for all voting and non-voting member types and ensures bylaw compliance. Manages membership onboarding, offboarding, and dues collection for voting, Affiliate, Associate, and International members. * Understands and applies NRECA bylaws. * Devises and manages member application, onboarding and offboarding processes for all NRECA member types. * Evaluates the qualifications for prospective members and coordinates with other departments as needed. * Reviews organizational documents of candidates. Determines individual member dues, advocates member applications to NRECA Board. * Ensures membership privileges do not convey until membership is effective, and that privileges stop upon membership termination. * Manages implementation of self-sponsored, newly delivered electronic billing process to invoice $30M of member dues annually. * Develops consistent, respectful member and cross-departmental processes for collection actions. * Devises cross-departmental policies to improve service to and support of members.
4. Works with the Marketing department to formulate marketing campaigns and implements those campaigns. Responsible for crafting and implementing NRECA strategic member engagement initiatives to foster improved long-term relationships between NRECA and members. * Oversees the yearly survey of voting member general managers to identify issues and opportunities for NRECA to drive member engagement. * Oversees maintenance and analysis of Member Profile data. * Oversees design of new member engagement programs. * Develops internal marketing campaigns to increase knowledge of members and awareness of Membership's duties. * Monitors and analyzes member feedback, competition and usage trends to determine options and opportunities for member engagement activities. * Coordinates issue collection about members across organization; makes recommendations to other departments based upon analysis of data to improve member relations or increase satisfaction of our members. * In conjunction with Marketing and Communications, formulates and implements marketing campaigns and collateral to support NRECA's annual strategic priorities to drive member engagement. * Based on findings, makes recommendations to and works with senior management across departments to develop a comprehensive member engagement strategy in order to maximize member value.
Requirements and Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and additional experience. * 8 years of experience in a membership organization with some experience managing special projects. * 5 years management experience, ideally with managing a membership team in a trade association. * Experience working with NRECA members and proficiency with netFORUM preferred. * Ability to manage competing deadlines and multiple projects at various stages of development using effective organizational skills and attention to detail. * Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in the execution of all duties and responsibilities. * Ability to coach, train and mentor staff.
ADA Requirements: * The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading. * Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work. Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.