1) Work with TMW Center Co-Director, TMW Project Manager, Engineer, COO, and technical experts to develop a strategic plan for the creation of the device.
2) Develop and manage toward organizational and quarterly priorities across the team members and advisors.
3) Work with UX Designer to conduct user research to assess needs and requirements across dimensions including environment where device will be used, speech patterns and behaviors of caregivers and kids, and the wearable/device context.
4) Scope product requirements and manage product lifecycle from concept to formative testing to eventual embedding in TMW Center projects (âœlaunchâ).
5) Supervise and advise engineers to build a representative test dataset and algorithms to track conversational turns.
6) Work with expert hardware advisors to scope device requirements and manage engineers to build device.
7) Scope roles for and hire additional team members as needed.
1) Ability to influence and motivate stakeholders and peers to achieve goals and deliver results.
2) Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of machine learning systems and make meaningful contributions to decisions about product features, data modeling, software architecture, etc.Â
3) Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, including presentation, written, and verbal.
5) Ability to think critically and manage resources to achieve objectives in a fast-paced and fluid work environment.
6) Ability to translate and articulate complex problems into easily understood solutions and functional requirements.
7) High degree of personal accountability and impeccable attention to detail and follow through.Â Â
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in a technical field.
1) 5 or more years of direct people management experience, with a strong emphasis on individual and team development.
2) 5 or more years of experience in software product development.
2) Cover Letter
3) Reference Contact Information
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08656
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.