HOURS: Full-Time, 35 hours per week. Live On-Campus Position.
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: Admin Grade 3
The Residence Director (RD) position is essential to the core mission of the Office of Residence Life and it is part of a team that provides leadership and support for all residential students. The RD supervises a staff of Resident Assistants (RAs) and assigned building or area. This includes working with the Director of Residence Life on facilities, operations, training and programmatic endeavors to ensure student support and success while on campus. This is a live-in position and the RD is expected to be available after hours and on weekends/holidays. The RD is expected to be a friendly resource for all Molloy resident students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide overnight duty coverage for the residence halls responding to crises as needed. Ability to work nights and weekends as needed. Participate in on-call Administrator rotation referring to supervisor and campus resources as needed (Public Safety, Counseling Center, etc.).
· Supervise a staff of Resident Assistants (RAs) in an assigned area and oversee all programmatic endeavors for assigned area and residential students. Coordinate the training, development, and evaluation of assigned RA Staff. Supervise and train Desk Attendants tasked with overseeing access into residence halls.
· Responsible for enforcing policies found in the Molloy College Residence Life Handbook, Molloy College Student Handbook and RA Manual. Has a working knowledge of and ability to interpret Title IX and VAWA policies. Participate in all mandated training to ensure compliance in policies and guidelines.
· Assist with room selection, Resident Assistant selection, and other Residence Life processes. Assist the Director of Residence Life in planning and implementing major events, including, but not limited to, Move-In Days, Family Weekend, Admissions Tours and Recruitment events, Openings and Closings.
· Create intentional efforts to interact with students and provide opportunities for student growth and development. Goals include developing an academically supportive and inclusive community for all residents in line with the mission of Molloy College and Office of Student Affairs.
· Collaborate with team members on maintaining Residence Life social media outlets, website, and digital communications. Develop and maintain positive relationships with students, faculty and staff and all members of the Molloy College community. Serve on committees, attend meetings and prepare reports as needed.
· Advise the Residence Hall Association (RHA) to create programmatic opportunities for all residential students and advocacy opportunities.
· Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education Administration, Counseling or related field preferred
· Prior Residence Life experience strongly preferred
· Successful working experience and desire to work as part of a team
· Strong commitment to the development of students and residence hall communities
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Strong problem solving skills
· Team player who is flexible
· Knowledge of FERPA regulations
· Prior training in Title IX regulations
· Experience developing programming opportunities for residence hall communities
· Excellent customer service skills Preferred Qualifications:
· Working knowledge of Jenzabar • Experience with online student room selection
· General understanding of Google Docs and website maintenance
The RD will supervise a staff of Resident Assistants in an assigned area.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The RD position is a unique live-in professional position that requires a mixture of daytime, evening, and weekend work hours. The RD is expected to be visible, approachable, and available at a variety of hours for both student staff and residence hall students. Successful employees
must be able to balance multiple priorities with strong time management skills while having the flexibility to deal with the unexpected issues that often arise when working with students on a college campus. The RD must be able to occasionally lift items weighing between 25-40 lbs.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond. TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About Molloy College
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.