The Business Valuation Associate is responsible for all phases of project management for multiple clients across a wide range of industries. Responsibilities include financial modeling, client file maintenance, comparable transaction research, industry research, report writing, and related activities necessary to complete business valuation and fairness/ solvency opinion assignments. The Business Valuation Associate is also involved with special marketing projects and training/ junior staff development.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, process and manage all client project files and related source data
- Maintain and utilize Eureka’s Excel-based valuation models and templates in applying business valuation techniques and methods to a variety of tangible and non-tangible assets, including equity valuations, goodwill impairment tests, ESOP valuations, option analyses, and purchase price allocations.
- Perform Internet-based research of client company industries and comparable benchmark peer group data, including pricing multiples from CapIQ, Mergerstat and other databases
- Prepare valuation reports and presentations in Powerpoint
- Maintain active communication with colleagues and clients to manage expectations and meet project deadlines.
- Manage, train, and mentor junior staff and interns
- Administer self-directed learning in conjunction with Eureka’s in-house training to accelerate and enhance professional development
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
-Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field. Advanced degree preferred - Minimum of 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in business valuation or investment banking - Valuation credentials or related candidacy progress is a plus; CFA, ASA candidate -Accounting, finance, and economics knowledge; proficiency in US GAAP preferred -Expertise in broad-based business and financial valuations, multi-discipline appraisals, and fairness opinions, especially those of closely held companies, focusing on federal and state tax, financial reporting, intangible assets including purchase price allocations, intellectual property, goodwill impairment, ESOPs, and estate and gift and other non-litigation valuations. -Highly analytical with expertise in financial analysis and modeling, econometrics, and statistics -Ability to perform and thrive in a highly interactive project-based team environment -Computer expertise and advanced knowledge of Excel is required -Ability to work additional hours and travel if required
Position will be based in Orange County, CA. Target start date (Late Summer 2020)
Additional Salary Information: Discretionary bonus program plus candidate may be eligible for monthly commissions (in addition to base salary)
About Eureka Valuation Advisors
The Valuation Practice of Eureka Capital Partners LLC (dba Eureka Valuation Advisors) www.eurekacap.com offers a broad range of valuation and fairness/solvency opinion services for public and private clients. Specific areas of valuation focus include financial reporting, tax planning, employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), synthetic equity, intangible assets, and merger and acquisitions.