The Department of Cariology, Operative Dentistry and Dental Public Health at the Indiana University School of Dentistry (IUSD) has available a post-doctoral research fellowship focused on Dental Informatics. The successful candidate is anticipated to collaborate in various related projects and in Dental Informatics and to participate in writing grants. He/she will have the unique advantage of working in an environment with renowned leaders in the Division of Informatics, IUSD and Regenstrief Institute in a state recognized as having one of the largest health information exchange organizations (IHIE) in the nation. Using those resources and as a member of our team, the successful candidate will help impact the relationship between patient care, digital health, and payment reform using tools such as the Indiana Network for Patient Care, electronic dental record data from IUSD and US dental practices, and other health data warehouses.
The position will entail 90% research, with the remaining 10% dedicated to education and to training students. Opportunities for professional development will be provided.
The position will be for a period of two years, contingent upon a satisfactory performance review. Extension to a third year may be possible based on funding and continued demonstration of satisfactory performance.
IUSD is located on the IU School of Medicine campus adjacent to the IUPUI campus just west of downtown Indianapolis. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden students' academic experience and to enrich our campus community. Candidates must be sensitive to the needs of and possess an interest in working in an academic community that is diverse on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Indiana University School of Dentistry http://www.dentistry.iu.edu
Education & Scholarship Applicants should have a recent PhD degree in health/biomedical informatics, or a closely related field with a track record of informatics or public health research, as well as a good track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals. A dental degree would be a plus.
Professional Experience & Knowledge The ideal candidate will have a strong background in health/biomedical informatics as well as expertise in data analytics, public health, plus a solid knowledge in dentistry and oral health. Additionally, the ideal candidate is expected to have excellent communication/writing skills in English, and to be a team player who appreciates working closely and collaboratively with others in the group.
Required documents for consideration: supporting documents are:
- Signed letter of intent - Statement of research interests and career goals (Other) - Complete curriculum vitae - Names of three professional references with contact information. (When requested, submitted reference letters must be provided on letterhead stationery with referee's signature.) - Copies of up to three relevant research papers
Department Contact for Questions:
Mr. Damon L. Spight Faculty Recruitment Manager IU School of Dentistry Office of Faculty Affairs and Global Engagement 1121 W. Michigan Street, DS 102 Indianapolis, IN 46202 317-274-3070 [email protected]
OAA #: IN-DENT-DSPD20001
Appointment Status: Non-Tenure Track
Internal Number: 9714
About Indiana University
Founded in 1820, Indiana University is the state’s public university system, comprised of two core campuses—IU-Bloomington and IUPUI—and six regional campuses located throughout the state. Combined, the total student population is more than 114,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional school students. IU is one of the largest employers in the state, with over 20,000 faculty and staff. Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. Diversity and inclusion remains a core commitment to IU’s mission to cultivate an educational environment that supports equal access, participation and representation on all of its campuses and that provides educational and career opportunities for all.