LCC is conducting a search for a dynamic leader to serve as Dean of the Health and Human Services (HHS) Division. The College is seeking Dean candidates with outstanding administrative experience who can oversee the hands-on the many nationally accredited, HHS educational programs and 300+ division employees. The position serves on the College’s Executive Leadership Team and works collaboratively to enhance learning experiences for our diverse community.
The Dean of Health and Human Services will lead the Health and Human Services Division in developing programs whose certificates can be obtained in accelerated fashion and can be “stacked” towards further training credit and for an associate’s degree completion; whose outputs meet industry demands for the 21st century; and whose certificates and degrees lead to good jobs for the programs’ graduates. Provides administrative leadership and direction to the College’s Division, providing occupational education, workforce development, and economic development opportunities for the region. Assists in the leadership and articulation of the College’s vision of academic excellence, student retention, and student satisfaction. Assures all accreditation, State, and Federal criterion concerning academic programs is strictly followed. Develops and implements, administers, and evaluates programs, policies and budgets necessary to accomplish the mission, goals and objectives of the Academic Division.
• Master’s Degree required in Health or related field
• Significant progressively responsible administrative experience in an educational setting
• Demonstrated ability to lead
• Demonstrated organizational/administrative and/or project management skills or a demonstrated ability to engage in successful project management
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Successful college-level teaching experience
• Knowledge of all areas of educational system
• Relevant Health, Wellness, and/or Human Services industry credentials
Internal Number: Req1020
About Lansing Community College
Lansing Community College is an equal opportunity educational institution/employer. Lansing Community College programs and activities are open for all persons regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, creed, ancestry, height, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, familial status, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, or other status as protected by law, or genetic information.