Principal Software License Analyst - Computing Services-2014987
: Are you looking for a challenging position to advance the Software Management lifecycle at Carnegie Mellon University? We're seeking a Principal Software License Analyst who will have broad and deep responsibilities in the adoption of Software Management Services across the University. You will engage other buyers and end-users to design, develop and support standards, processes and services within the software license domain. We will work strategically to achieve goals that are best for the organization but not lose sight of tactical issues in order to ensure timely solution delivery.
Using your strong interpersonal skills, we will collaborate with colleagues across campus who are involved with software purchasing domains including Academic departments, Finance services, HR and Payroll, Research Administration, Student Services, as well as many other diverse functions all around campus. Using the expertise of our partners, you will drive the university toward improved and more efficient solutions. You will build and analyze an inventory and asset database that will be help minimize risk and provide the optimal return on investment for the campus community.
Bachelor's degree is required.
A combination of 8 years of experience in the following areas are required:
o Sourcing of software/services
o Negotiating license agreements
o Project management experience
o Reviewing and negotiating contracts
o Demonstrated experience with project delivery; leading multi-functional teams or contributing as part of a team
o Demonstrated experience as an influencer and motivator with the ability to make difficult decisions with tact, maturity, and good judgement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Superb communication, problem solving, planning and analytical skills
* Capability to solve problems, to resolve conflicts and to deal effectively with internal and external constituencies.
* Adaptable to the changing needs and services resulting from evolving software and user needs
* Tireless passion for relationship building and ability to communicate effectively with partners at multiple levels, including Vice Presidents and Senior Leaders, across a large enterprise.
* Able to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Solid knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to data quality, storage, protection and dissemination
* Highly motivated and capable of keeping current with emerging software applications and technologies
* Understanding of software license management
* Strong negotiation skills
* Planning and managing financial budgets
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Education Level: Master's Degree or equivalent
Internal Number: 2014987
About Carnegie Mellon University
Carnegie Mellon (www.cmu.edu) is a private, internationally ranked research university with programs in areas ranging from science, technology and business, to public policy, the humanities and the arts. More than 12,000 students in the university’s seven schools and colleges benefit from a small student-to-faculty ratio and an education characterized by its focus on creating and implementing solutions for real problems, interdisciplinary collaboration and innovation. A global university, Carnegie Mellon’s main campus in the United States is in Pittsburgh, Pa. It has campuses in California’s Silicon Valley and Qatar, and programs in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and Mexico.