This is a 6-month Inside IR35 role to support LGR's IFRS 17 project. The project covers methodology setting, process and system change requirements and financial impact analyses with respect to LGR's c£70bn insurance contract portfolio. The project work will entail working with other LGR teams outside of LGR Finance and the Group IFRS 17 programme, to identify and support the implementation of LGR's IFRS 17 reporting methodologies, processes and systems from an actuarial perspective.
1. Support the LGR IFRS 17 project across the team on an ad hoc basis as required from an actuarial perspective.
2. Represent the LGR IFRS 17 project at Group programme meetings, design authorities and stakeholder meetings as necessary.
3. Working with SMEs in the team and wider LGR Finance to determine detailed IFRS reporting methodologies, and process and system change requirements, including but not limited to discount rates, risk adjustment, inflation and transition.
4. Implement the necessary project changes, working with SMEs in the team, other colleagues in LGR and the wider L&G Group.
5. Ensure process and methodology documentation is produced as necessary.
This section contains any technical knowledge (product, process, market, legislative/regulatory, systems), specific experience or qualifications required to do the role. It also covers the key dimensions of the role and any regulatory requirements.
Technical Knowledge Area What exactly is required?
1. Technical knowledge
Understanding of asset modelling
Understanding of liability modelling
Sound understanding of reporting metrics including IFRS and Solvency II
Bulk and individual annuity products and pricing
Actuarial qualification would be highly beneficial
2. Technical skills Excel
Analysis of profit arising
3. Analytical Skills Ability to interpret technical documentation
Attention to detail
Reviewing results for reasonableness
Able to switch easily between thinking about the detail and the big picture
Experience in a UK Finance team
Ability to exercise sound judgement without supervision
Excellent communication skills
Internal Number: 7802828
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.