1)Will be responsible for the assessment, plan, implementation and evaluation of nurse midwifery care delivered to antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum, and newborn patients.
2) The CNM performs physical exams, collects and documents data, manages labor and spontaneous delivery, conducts diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, orders and schedules laboratory studies and professional consultations, and prescribes appropriate interventions and medications.
3) Oversight of many quality and safety projects on Labor and Delivery.
4) Responsible for all phases of assigned projects including assigning individual responsibilities, coordinating activities ofÂ project team, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
5) Collaborates with and acts as liaison among the nurse, patient, family, physician, and community resources for coordination of patient care.
6) Selects appropriate communications approach to achieve desired outcomes of patient care.
7) Actively pursues required knowledge and skills for professional development.
8) Identifies and participates in quality assurance issues on the unit.
9) May participate in health education in the community; may participate in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician; may prepare statistical reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions; acts as a resource for clinical skills to staff on or off the unit.
10) Participates in teaching students and residents in techniques and procedures which are unique to specific clinical setting.
11) Nights and weekend call hours.
1) Organization skills.
2) Problem-solving skills.
3) Collaboration skills.
4) Attention to detail.
5) Project management skills.
1) Graduate of a midwifery educational program approved by the American College of Nurse Midwives
2) Current IL RN/APN and CNM license, Basic Life Support and Neonatal Resuscitation Program certificates.
3) Certified by the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB).
1) 2+ years of full-scope CNM experience.
2) Experience with advanced knowledge of prenatal case, outpatient clinics, labor and delivery, postpartum care and obstetrical ultrasound.
3) 3+ years experience as an RN/APN or CNM in higher acuity Labor & Delivery settings highly desirable.
1) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08171
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.