"Owners Representative / Construction Project Manager for Data Center Campus
Construction" On Site in Papillion, NE
Data Center Construction Owners Representative / Project Manager manages all aspects of enterprise-sized data center infrastructure construction projects; -- including multiple large ground-up campus projects and retro-fit projects. Ideal candidate must be able to manage a large construction project at one site, and also possess demonstrated ability to oversee vendor compliance to construction agreements, while also having the ability to manage the overall project budget & schedule for large, complex projects.
Strong knowledge of MEP construction management with college degree is highly desirable. Most importantly, the ideal candidate demonstrates a sense of ownership for the work, and his performance will be par ally evaluated based upon that sense of ownership and responsibility and they need to be a good communicator and a "TEAM" player.
* Review and verify the Master Project Schedule, based on the Cri cal Path and Key Project
Milestones, then update and enforce team compliance during project life.
* Review and verify the Master Project Budget, including so costs and hard costs, bonds,
insurance, allowances, etc.
* Contractor pre-qualification on, bid solicit on, bid analysis and recommendations
* Contract negotiation, typically in concert with the Client's PM and legal counsel, including
establishment of design consultants and all GC "business terms" including mark-ups, fees,
insurance, labor rates, escalation, etc.
* Design Team coordination to Client's pre-determined Design Guidelines and standards
* Assist with City and/or other Authority approvals process, permitting etc.
* Constructability review of the project documents
* Value Engineering - Value Engineering - proactively identify ways to perform work more
efficiently, and for less money
* Project Cash Planning and Cash flow projections
* Assist client in identifying, scoping, buying-out and scheduling of all Owner-direct vendors and
consultants, including internal vendors (IT, security, etc.)
Construction & Project Administration
* Manage General Contractor; i.e. - including compliance with construction contracts, contract
budget, changes, payment terms, schedule management, and all other responsibilities within
their construction contract.
* Cost Management / Change Control, including invoice review, change order review,
negotiations, recommendations, and delay analysis
* Value Engineering
* Budget Management and Tracking
* Schedule monitoring, tracking and analysis
* Document control (track and coordinate addenda, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc.)
* QA/QC assistance- supervise consultants as needed
* Site Safety Monitoring & Reporting
* Invoice / Payment Applica on processing, tracking and reporting
* Tracking of project documents, including submittal RFI's, change orders, invoices and
payments, lien releases, etc.
* Coordinate on and management of all Owner-direct vendors, consultants and internal Vendors
* Regular updating of Master Project Budget, Schedule and Project Cash Flow through life of
* Commissioning: Oversee the Commissioning Plan and the Commissioning process to
completion and final reporting
Close out / Fit Up
* Initiate and oversee the entire close out process prior to project completion, typically two to
three months in Advance
* Know the 5 levels of Data Center Commissioning, enforce compliance to those 5 levels.!
* Establish close out document on requirements. Collect and track receipt of all close
out documents until completion, including warranties, "as-builts", O&M manuals, etc.
* Assist A/E team with entitlements/ permitting and occupancy with local government.
* Manage punch list, substantial completion and final completion process
* Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes
* Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments, etc.
* Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget
* Assist client in scheduling, coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors,
* Consultants and internal vendors, including furniture, IT, security, etc.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team). Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study. Minimum (6) six years of related construction project management experience and/or training.
Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) required if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.
Internal Number: 20001413
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.