1. Establish and build engagement and relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. Develop and oversee the implementation of the alumni engagement programs and services that support the University's mission and strategic initiatives--including reunions, socials, Homecoming, affinity and travel programs, alumni networks, current student and young alumni programming, and alumni mentoring. Assess current programs and services to develop new and innovative solutions.
2. Partner with the WSU Development Directors, Annual Giving, WSU Foundation, and other departments on campus to coordinate programs and services that promote donor cultivation and gift stewardship.
3. Develop and manage a communication strategy to actively promote Alumni Engagement opportunities. Manage all communication on behalf of the alumni engagement program and participate in editorial decisions regarding WSU Magazine. Oversee website content. Direct the development and utilization of WSU Alumni & Friends digital communications.
4. Serve as the principal liaison to the Alumni Society Board of Directors and coordinate the Alumni Society awards banquet and scholarship programs. Identify and cultivate alumni and/or community volunteers for various events on/off campus.
5. Review accuracy of alumni database records, and budget management. Serve as an active participant in the Advancement Division leadership team, Retiree Center Advisory Council, Hall of Fame University Committee, and the Game Day Experience Committee.
6. Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of Winona State University.
* Bachelor's degree * Three (3) years of experience in Alumni Engagement, University Advancement, Development or five (5) years of experience in Higher Education, Public Engagement, Marketing or related fields
* Master's degree * Knowledge of and ability to recruit, lead and maintain volunteer support * Knowledge of related fields, such as fundraising, donor engagement and stewardship in higher education * Demonstrated experience coordinating large-scale events * Knowledge and experience working with volunteer boards * Organizational, administrative, and analytical skills sufficient to set priorities as well as create, coordinate, and manage a variety of programs and services * Demonstrated capability to develop and maintain positive relationships with diverse constituents, including alumni, volunteers, colleagues, leaders, employees and external parties * Strong oral, written, interpersonal and electronic communication skills sufficient to prepare messages and materials for diverse audiences and to clearly explain, discuss and present * Experience in effectively and efficiently utilizing computers to conduct business (i.e.: Microsoft Office suite, databases, and web application software)
A complete online application will include: 1. A cover letter which addresses the qualifications listed previously 2. Curriculum Vitae/ Resume 3. Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate)
Vehicle Notice: NOTICE : In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check. Institution: WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY Eeo Notice: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.
Internal Number: 19456
About WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1858, Winona State University is a comprehensive public university with close to 8,900 students. The oldest member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, Winona State offers 80 undergraduate, pre-professional, licensure, graduate, and doctorate programs on its three campuses: the original Main Campus in Winona, the West Campus in Winona, and Winona State University-Rochester.