The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Project Engineer will report directly to the Project Manager. This position is client site based and may be in support of several project managers. Office work would include involvement with the creation and review of both Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal and Change Orders. This will be a client facing position.
• Oversee that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals and procedures
• Oversee that the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good Design & Construction practices
• Provide technical support to Project Managers and be responsible for developing and maintaining project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records
• Performs change order estimating and assists the Project Manager in change order negotiations
• Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices and submittals
• Assist in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors' construction schedules
• Review weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes
• Report the status of work to the project manager
• Attend client program meetings as needed
• A safety leader through example, words, and compliance
• Oversee construction quality assurance as needed
• Bachelors or Masters of Science in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline preferred
• 1-3 years of project experience required
• CMIT certification a plus
• Experience on construction sites a plus
• Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software, preferably Primavera (P6) a plus
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.