Digital Data Engineer - Florham Park, NJ-2000722 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as a 2020 Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes . We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Digital Data Engineer (2000722) - Florham Park, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to join our Business Analytics and Digitalization team as part of the Regional Controlling platform. In this role, you will be based out of the BASF North America headquarters in Florham Park, NJ. You will serve as a key technical partner helping in designing business transformations and solutions. We will expect you to continuously identify and develop opportunities for improving business processes, harmonizing and optimizing solutions especially through digitalization. You will be working in sync with the business analysts, controlling community and IT to redesign our digital, data and analytics. You will be a core partner to contribute towards our global EDL (Enterprise Data Lake) initiative through engagement, support, maintenance and creating new creative solutions. You will work with business and other stakeholders to design and deliver BI/Analytic-related solutions ranging from idea-phase to working data models and visualization. Using your advanced computer skills and knowledge, you will be a mentor, guide and trainer for digital toolset/solutions but not limited to VBA, SQL, SAP, Python, C++ and MS-Power Apps. You will also be responsible for the support and maintenance of customer-oriented initiatives like, Pricing, Value Chains, Strategic Customer, Net Promoter Score (NPS) & SaleForce.com (CRM).
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your education in Finance, Accounting, Economics or in a technical, business and/or quantitative methods discipline, you will extract, transform, load and analyze data for digitalization of reporting functions.
* We believe your fluency in Python, experience with R, predictive analytics, using AI and ML services, expert knowledge of open source packages (Tensor flow, Torch), data mining and strong scripting and programming skills would be of immense value for the company.
* Your expert-level knowledge and skills in data modeling, data structure utilizing complex SQL queries using cloud and big-data technologies (Azure, Hadoop, AWS) would be an asset.
* As an expert program lead, you will have a significant role in providing technical leadership over data consumption and use in a future-ready data architecture using the latest digital technology.
* Utilizing your background, you will be a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in handling and coordinating complex queries escalated from the Shared Service Center and collaboratively work with reporting teams on specific intricacies of BASF data.
* As a digital specialist, you will be involved in testing of global applications and serve as a "Data steward" and constantly involve and look for opportunities to add value to the business and solve their challenges and issues.
* Using your business acumen, you will partner with business and IT, to define, design, architect and deliver solutions that address business needs in a simplified and seamless manner.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. [email protected] is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With [email protected], you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: CONT - Controlling
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-FFN-Finance North America-60000054
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.