The Director of International Recruitment & Admission is responsible, within the strategic framework established by the Center for Global Education and North Central College leadership, for the development and implementation of a strategic international enrollment management plan, as well as daily oversight of all operational processes related to international recruitment and admissions for degree and non-degree programs, with a focus on intensive English and undergraduate programs – some graduate level recruitment may be required. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: recruitment, prospect management, application processing, evaluation of foreign academic credentials, admissions and scholarship decisions, management of agent network and effective use of information systems and technology.
1. Excellent project management skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment often without direct supervision. This requires a person who is well organized, detail-oriented, and flexible.
2. Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills (verbal and written), and experience presenting in small group and large group settings, and to a variety of audiences. Demonstrated ability to interact and collaborate with diverse constituencies in a professional manner.
3. Intellectual curiosity, sound problem-solving and decision-making abilities, and strength in creative and innovative thinking. High energy, positive attitude and passion for recruiting.
4. Proficient in MS Office/systems (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint). CRM proficiency preferred.
5. Extensive knowledge of the organization and operation of the College, both administrative and academic, especially regarding college curriculum and brand.
6. The Director of International Recruitment & Admission will be housed in the Center for Global Education and should therefore exhibit a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork.
7. A solid working knowledge of current United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations—especially in the context of SEVIS implementation.
8. Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, and religious background of all students, faculty and staff, and with all individuals encountered in the performance of required duties.
Internal Number: S000480
About North Central College
North Central College, Naperville, IL is an independent, comprehensive college of the liberal arts and sciences that offers more than 55 undergraduate majors and graduate programming in six areas. Located in the Historic District of Naperville, Illinois, North Central College is just 28 miles west of Chicago's Loop. With more than 2,700 undergraduates and 260 graduate students, North Central College is committed to academic excellence, a climate that emphasizes leadership, ethics, values and service, a curriculum that balances job-related knowledge with a liberal arts foundation and a caring environment with small classes.