Eugene Lang College The New School for Liberal Arts is seeking a dynamic and qualified candidate to fill an open Full-time Union Clerical Senior Secretary position in the Office of the Dean. Reporting to the Academic Planning Associate, the Senior Secretary supports the Chairs and Directors of designated academic departments/programs. This is a full-time, union clerical position.
Undergraduate Program Support - Provide secretarial support to the designated programs, and general assistance to the faculty and students in these programs
- Assist in preparation of materials for new majors/programs
- Solicit, file, and review faculty documents for format and inclusion of relevant university policies
- Input and proof data sets for schedule builders (class schedules) and gather course descriptions; enter cross-referenced courses in our database; collect and input classroom assignments
- Provide secretarial support to faculty searches as needed
- Maintain, track, and file office documents and records (e.g., senior capstone, independent study)
- Oversee all aspects of assigned activities, room scheduling, and event planning – leading up to and during some events (may require presence during some evenings and/or weekends)
- Create and post all materials promoting school events
- Maintain digital presence for designated programs
- Hire, train, and supervise work-study students
- Assist with graduation and orientation event planning as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Provides general office support including distributing mail, answering phones, facilities and IT requests, office key distribution, faculty office move support
- Maintain all office equipment and supplies - Assist Lang’s Dean’s Office, as needed
Requirements: - Minimum two years office experience - B.A. Preferred - Excellent attention to detail, organizational, time-management, and interpersonal skills - Strong writing and verbal skills - Experience working in higher education and with faculty a plus - Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, particularly Excel spreadsheets - Familiarity with Google mail, docs, and related apps - Experience with Banner, Workday, Tableau, photoshop a plus - Familiarity with Office 360, Basecamp, or other workflow software a plus
Please note that this clerical position is associated with the Local 1205 Clerical Union, and employees hired in this position must become a member of the Local 1205. For information regarding the nature of this position, applicants can visit http://www.newschool.edu/forms/hr_contract_local1205.pdf
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Internal Number: 18849
About The New School
The New School, a leading university in downtown New York City, offers degree and nondegree academic programs in design, the social sciences, the liberal arts, management, the arts, and media. Students benefit from small classes, superior resources, and renowned faculty members who practice what they teach. Continuing education courses and public programs place the university at the center of New York’s cultural and intellectual life.