American Progress has an immediate opening for a Senior Campaign Manager/Campaign Manager on the Early Childhood Policy team. The Senior Campaign Manager/Campaign Manager will plan and manage advocacy work focused on increasing access to high-quality early childhood programs for children from birth to age 5. The position requires strong project management and communications skills, as well as the ability to complete tasks both independently and as part of a team working across organizations.
- Manage a portfolio of advocacy work focused on expanding access to high-quality early childhood programs for children under age 5, including child care, preschool, home visiting, and Head Start.
- Execute a cross-organizational strategy to advance federal early childhood legislation, including by developing a legislative strategy for hearings and bill markup, conducting meetings with congressional staff, and planning events targeting legislators and staff.
- Participate in a multiorganization effort to advocate for increases in federal child care funding and support state advocacy for child care, including by participating in partner calls and meetings, providing technical assistance to state advocates, and maintaining a website with resources for stakeholders.
- Develop toolkits, op-eds, videos, social media content, and other advocacy materials to advance progressive action on early childhood at the national and state levels.
- Advise and oversee a strategy to garner more attention to child care in the 2020 presidential election.
- Support a network of national groups engaged in grassroots organizing and help facilitate constituent engagement with federal elected officials.
- Contribute ideas to the rollout of early childhood team products—such as reports, issue briefs, and fact sheets—in order to reach a wide range of audiences and maximize the impact of American Progress’ work.