Calhan Veterinary Clinic is looking for an associate veterinarian for our mixed-animal practice! This position could be full-time or part-time. We like to work hard and play hard too! Salary and benefits are negotiable. We are willing to cooperate with other mixed-animal practices near us to create a position with full-time hours. New grads are encouraged to apply! Calhan is located next to one of the largest growing zip codes in Colorado. Enjoy small town living near a big city. Our doctor is turning down work regularly, making the potential for growth almost unlimited. Virtually any area of the practice could be expanded – the choice is yours, with potential for buy-in! Email: [email protected] or call 719-347-2702 for Dr. DeAngelo.
We are located about 35 miles northeast of Colorado Springs, off Highway 24. We are less than hour away from the amazing Pike’s Peak Region. Colorado Springs offers fine arts, major artist performances, amazing restaurants, history, and more. A strong military presence, headed by the Air Force Academy, is a big part of the culture of the area. Beyond the city lies the Rocky Mountains with unlimited opportunities to hike, fish, climb, and enjoy the outdoors. 90 minutes from Calhan is historic Cripple Creek with old-town casinos, gold mining, arts performances and the beauty of the Royal Gorge nearby. You could be fishing, back-packing, camping, or just enjoying the beauty of Seven Falls in an hour or less! The nearest Wal-Mart is 18 miles away from Calhan, along with Safeway and many fast-food choices. Several restaurants are also available within 20 minutes. Enjoy the quiet, small-town life, but also have a large city just minutes away. Examples of businesses in Calhan are a bank, grocery store, gas and convenience store, restaurants, “dollar” stores, livestock auction and medical clinic plus more! The Calhan School offers K-12 education with scores well above state averages, and learning choices to fit every student, including FFA. Many 4-H groups compete at the county fair less than a half-mile away. Within one mile of Calhan is the Paint Mine Interpretive State Park. Unique rock structures and colors offer a tremendous and easy walk. Volunteer opportunities are available with the Calhan Lion’s Club, local food pantry, school, and more. The town also boasts several churches matching multiple denominations.
Calhan Veterinary Clinic is a progressive, mixed-animal practice – about 75% small animal. The remaining 25% is comprised of equine, livestock (beef cattle), goats, sheep, camelids, and pet pigs. We make patient care and comfort a priority, along with customer service. Some of our features include digital x-ray (including dental), ultrasound, in-house lab, licensed boarding facility, small and large animal anesthesia, haul-in facilities for cattle work, and ambulatory capability. Calhan Veterinary Clinic is proud of its dental program, and all our technicians, along with our doctor, have received extra training in small animal dentistry. Dr. DeAngelo is also certified in veterinary acupuncture and laser therapy. We are strong proponents of continuing education and encourage our staff to increase their knowledge. We currently have 1 full-time Certified Veterinary Technicians, and one Certified Veterinary Technician/Office Manager, as well as a receptionist (graduate technician), Certified Veterinary Assistant and part-time cleaning/maintenance staff member.
Graduate of an accredited veterinary school, licensed (or eligible to be licensed) in the state of Colorado, large animal experience a plus. Desire to provide exemplary patient and client care. Pay level commensurate with experience.
Additional Salary Information: Pay commensurate with experience. May range from straight salary to a percentage of gross.
About Calhan Veterinary Clinic, P.C.
Progressive mixed-animal practice with in-house lab, paperless, digital x-ray and digital dental x-ray. Diverse case-load with strong belief in patient care and diagnostics. We have a strong team, and utilize our technicians and assistants fully.