The Reading/English/Mathematics Instructors are responsible for providing a quality learning environment to College and Career Readiness students. The faculty members provide instruction and complete other duties and responsibilities in accordance with the mission and policies of the college. More specifically, the instructor is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Conducts assigned classes in accordance with the C&CR course descriptions and the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.
2. Be fully prepared with instructional plans and provide student sign in sheets during each class session as required by the state office.
3. Use a variety instructional technologies such as smart phones, clickers, computers, and digital imaging to provide contemporary presentations in the classroom.
4. Maintains professional competence by participating in professional development opportunities and incorporating them into instruction.
5. Maintain student records, forms, process reports, and all other required paperwork in a punctual and efficient manner.
6. Assist with the registration process and academic advisement of students.
7. When needed, be available to teach both day and evening classes and off campus classes as part of the regularly assigned teaching load.
8. Enforce academic policies and procedures at all times, and comply with all other institutional rules and regulations pertinent to classroom instruction and general employment.
Bachelor's degree in the instructional discipline, or related field.