Do you have at least 3-5 years of Administrative experience?
Would you consider yourself to be a project management wiz?
Are you able to provide executive level support in a collaborative environment?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Administrative Office Manager for a Social Services Organization in Chicago (North side), IL.
ORGANIZATION: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Chicago (North side), IL
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Administrative Office Manager
DURATION: Temporary, ongoing
SCHEDULE: Full time (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $15.00-18.00 per hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Administrative Office Manager is responsible for providing overall coordination of office administration and maintenance of technology needs for two office locations; administrative support to executive staff; and human resources support to the agency. This position is responsible for implementing systems, procedures and policies; executing projects; and maintaining compliance. As an integral member of the administrative team, this person collaborates across agency departments on a daily basis and must maintain a professional and effective rapport with staff and external parties. This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently unemployed and looking to start a new position ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Some work experience as an Administrative Coordinator, HR Coordinator or Executive Assistant preferred
· Excellence in use of Microsoft Office Suite Tools
· Proficient technology user with strong computer skills
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills
· Expert written and verbal communication skills
· High level of discretion and confidentiality
· Eager to support a mission-driven organization
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Coordinate office activities including maintenance, scheduling, office equipment and maintenance, filing, supply inventory and ordering, distribution of mail and processing information requests
· Facilitate the management of all technology assets with independent contractors and operate as the primary point of contact for all staff technology needs
· Supervise Administrative Receptionist and Administrative Volunteers by providing coaching, development and instructional support
· Create and maintain office records, both digitally and in hard copy, for employee files and agency operations
· Manage the agency’s online presence for posting jobs and hiring staff
· Conduct onboarding and orientation for all new hires; manage exit process for any staff departing the agency
· Act as the primary contact and administrator for the Employee Management System (EMS)
· Assist in the annual renewal process of agency policies; agency benefits, such as health insurance; and completion of performance reviews
· Guides employees by researching, developing, writing and updating administrative policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines, and communicating these to management.
· Monitor, file and report out on training for all staff
· Assist in drafting corporate communication pieces for executive staff
· Provide administrative support to executive staff as needed
· Assist with managing the administrative department budgets for IT and office supplies
· Completes administrative projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources; redesigning systems; and making recommendations for resource deployment
· Perform other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to [email protected] with “Nonprofit Administrative Office Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
About Careers In Nonprofits
Careers In Nonprofits is built on the idea that great people want to work with great causes. There are many talented candidates who have a passion for working with nonprofits but not many resources focused on nonprofit careers. We connect the best people with the best causes. Our team of nonprofit career professionals has years of experience matching candidates with nonprofit organizations. Serving Chicago and Washington, DC, we have extensive networks of connections and strategic partnerships with nonprofit organizations.