Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is looking for a qualified Research Integrity Support Specialist in Silver Spring, MD.
Candidate shall provide Research Integrity Support services to the HSPB. Tasks include:
- Work with staff to develop guidance and training materials on Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) and scientific integrity according to principles and practices laid out by the division leadership and other US government resources, including addressing prevention of serious misconduct as well as avoidance of Detrimental Research Practices (DRPs).
- Organize and help conduct monthly RCR training sessions for investigators and research staff at CONUS and OCONUS sites. Prepare materials and update materials in response to new information and policy, develop interactive training sessions, and respond to feedback regarding training sessions.
- Conduct regular evaluations of training on RCR by conducting pre/post surveys with research staff regarding knowledge and practice of scientific research standards, and analyzing information to identify important areas of accomplishment and needs for improvement. Assess level and extent of awareness of DRPs and develop training based on current needs.
- Compile data and prepare annual report on research integrity to comply with DOD reporting requirements.
- Help develop/manage an RCR support service for handling questions and problems from researchers and staff regarding RCR issues, DRPs, and related questions of scientific best practices.
- Support policy development for investigating potential problems in scientific conduct, including confidential reporting, tracking of information, and guidance on handling/adjudicating potential problems within the arena of responsible conduct and best practices.
- Review, compile information on RCR issues as needed. Attend relevant conferences addressing RCR and scientific integrity issues in order to update policies and practice as needed to stay current with best practices.
- Develop an assessment tool for gathering information on training needs in RCR issues at CONUS/OCONUS sites. Conduct needs assessments, and compile information for review.
- Work independently in generating appropriate strategies, outlines and work plans, carrying out research in a self-directed manner, preparing written summaries, reports, giving oral presentations, and producing publication-quality documents.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Responsible for the organization, coordination, oversight, and completion of projects.
- Delegate responsibilities, set deadlines, monitor project progress in terms of cost, schedule, performance, and risk.
- Prepares project status-reports for upper management.
- Possesses familiarity with the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the respective scientific or technical field being managed as well as demonstrating experience in project management.
- Works under general technical direction and oversight, engaging with leaders as needed to solve problems.
- Possesses initiative, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
– Minimum of BS, Masters preferred, in a Scientific field.
– 1 to 3 years working RCR in a research institution (public or private).
CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to obtain/maintain Public Trust.
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, K?pono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, K?kaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com
Internal Number: 6299
About The Alaka'ina Foundation Family of Companies
Mission-Synchronized Solutions designed to deliver exactly what our clients need when they need it
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms who are designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-Owned and fall into the respective categories of Small Business (SB), 8(a) certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), and HUBZone.
Certified in 2004 as a Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO), the Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) consists of Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, K?pono Government Services, and K?pili Services. Our mix of capabilities, NHO procurement advantage, and contract vehicles present a strong tool set to the Federal acquisition community. These features create a total solutions package that is compelling and can support a variety of acquisition strategies. Through our total solutions, the FOCs has performed on a broad range of mission requirements. Each company represents the cohesion that we bring, as One Team with One Mission, to each and every project, program, and contract we undertake.
Our purpose, our “Why,” is the Alaka`ina Foundation. We are an orga...nization that has been long-committed to serving our federal clients’ objectives; we are also driven to give back to our communities. The goal of Alaka`ina 501(c)3 is to ensure that the young men and women of Hawai`i have the skills and competencies they need to be effective leaders. Alaka`ina is making this a reality by developing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science and technology, and environmental stewardship. Each member of the Alaka`ina FOCs is profoundly dedicated to the success of our customers as well as that of our charity.