HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Chief Executive Officer to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
St. Petersburg General Hospital is a Joint Commission accredited full-service 215-bed acute care facility, providing comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical, surgical and women’s services including labor and delivery, post-partum and nursery. St Petersburg General Hospital is a designated Blue Distinction Center + for Maternity Care; accredited as a Breast Center with Digital Imaging and Computer Aided Detection; Chest Pain Center; Certified Advanced Primary Stroke and AFib Center; Accredited Cancer Center and a GYN Robotic Surgery Training Epicenter. Other services include The Pelvic Pain and Incontinence Center and The Orthopedic Center for Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery.
Under a combination of administrative and executive direction, the Chief Executive Officer provides leadership and directs the overall operation of the hospital consistent with policies and objectives of the hospital and its advisory or governing Board. In this regard, the CEO plans, organizes, applies, directs, controls and evaluates all resources (human resources, facilities, equipment, capital and similar resources) invested in the franchise. The CEO shall use all resources to generate measurable returns to benefit the company, the Community, the Physician and most of all, the Patient.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible to the Division President. The CEO functions as an executive for the organization and must be highly skilled in building relationships with medical staff, community members and hospital staff. The highest degree of integrity and commitment to the Core Values set forth by both the company and hospital Mission and Values are required. Serves as senior mentor to leadership team and works to develop self and direct reports.
Develops and Executes Strategy by: • Developing a long range course of action or set of goals to ensure successful realization of the organization’s vision.
• Ensuring the development of clear goals that align a unit’s efforts with the organization’s vision and strategic plan.
• Ensuring synergies between people, processes, and strategies to drive execution of business objectives.
• Building and driving sustained revenue growth.
• Building strategic alliances both inside and outside the organization to create business opportunities and execute business strategies. Develops Talent by: • Building a competitively superior organization through attracting, developing, and retaining talent to ensure that people with the right skills and motivations are in the right place at the right time to meet business needs.
Develops Culture by: • Developing an organizational culture that leads to ongoing excellence and effective growth of the business while maintaining the highest integrity.
• Creating a physician-friendly culture that attracts leading physicians.
• Promoting an environment where employees are engaged and perform at a high level.
• Providing for the highest level of patient experience and ensures senior team alignment around patient experience.
• Modeling and driving a culture of accountability and discipline to attain and sustain outperformance in clinical quality, service excellence, and earnings.
Supports HCA by: • Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• Master's degree hospital administration, business or a related field.
• 2+ years of experience in a COO or CEO role.
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
• Advanced skills in financial management.
• Current knowledge of Joint Commission, state, and federal guidelines, regulations and standards. Demonstrated expertise in negotiation, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of the microenvironment variables that can impact the strategic management process (e.g., buyer switching costs, concentration of customers, competitor business strategies).
• Skill in creating a strong personal presence that commands attention and respect in groups.
• Willingness to focus on employee development through exposure, experiences, and feedback.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 10202-30712
About HCA Healthcare
HCA Healthcare is committed to delivering healthcare as it should be: patient-centered and for the good of all people, no matter their circumstance. To achieve this, we must be active; we must be kind. We must work with integrity, share our skills and never stop learning.Exceptional health care is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect – for our patients and for each other. We will foster a culture of inclusion across all areas no matter a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.