The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for all inside sales functions including but not limited to inbound/outbound telephone calls and the processing of sales documents and represents Meyer and its interests with the highest regard to customer satisfaction in a professional manner.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
• Handles a high volume of telephone calls per day, working with existing and new potential customers, taking orders and closing sales.
• Sources new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls.
• Processes all calls with efficiency and accuracy. Keeps digital notes of all telephone communications. Verifies orders before processing into computer system.
• Ensures that accounts are serviced and maintained in accordance with Company standards.
• Recognizes customers buying patterns and promotes possible new product lines.
• Contacts key accounts regularly. Routinely contacts prospects to continue to build sales and new customers. Develops and maintains professional relations with customers.
• Investigates and resolves all customer issues professionally and reasonably, resulting in conclusions that are acceptable for both Company and customer.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High School graduate or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Prior automotive parts knowledge and previous sales experience preferred.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication and telephone skills.
• Must have ability to communicate on the phone 90 percent or more of shift.
• Must understand customer’s current needs and anticipate future customer requirements.
• Must have ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
• Ability to give special attention to detail required.
• Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Planning/organizing and follow up skills —the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans and follows up to ensure compliance.
• This position requires extensive use of a computer. Experience with Microsoft Windows preferred.
• Excellent negotiating abilities.
• Must have strong organizational and problem solving skills.
About Meyer Distributing
Meyer Distributing is a leader in specialty products marketing and distribution. Through numerous strategically positioned warehousing facilities, Meyer serves thousands of customers nationwide via Meyer Logistics direct ship. All Meyer associates have but one goal: To improve our ability to offer the fastest, most flexible and most reliable service in the industry.