Regional Digitization Strategy Leader-2000345 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as a 2020 Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes . Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Regional Digital Ignitor (2000345) - Southfield, MI
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to drive the North American regional digital roadmap as a subset of the Global BASF Automotive Refinish Digital Strategy. In addition to strategic responsibilities, you will also be responsible for the development and coordination of a global digital roadmap for a key solution area. You will be the key contact for the global digital team regarding regional needs and adoption plans. You will also be tasked with managing digital projects specific to the region by coordinating with internal and/or external development teams using agile methods.
You will keep a pulse on the digital developments within the region (both internal to BASF and external), ensure the regions needs are heard, and drive digital solutions to execution. You will serve as a key point of contact for the regional leaders to interact with in order to understand the full digital strategy and the ongoing developments globally.
The Regional Ignitor position is a critical role in part of the larger BASF Automotive Refinish Digital & Data unit - ensuring the regional specific needs are understood globally & met - and thus the role must be approached from a mindset of both regional and global perspective.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your Bachelor degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering, or Business, as well as your experience working in an Agile environment, you will serve as a key contributor to the region's success in terms of digital tools through the coordination of digital projects and the development of region-specific digitalization roadmaps.
* Leveraging your experience with the Salesforce.com platform, you will drive adoption & future functionality to meet business need on a global scale.
* Demonstrating your experience in leading digital projects, coordinating region & global strategies, along with current working knowledge of modern and recent digital trends, you will architect digital roadmaps and coordinate digital development teams that ultimately improve business critical solutions.
* Relying on your strong analytical education and training, you will create visualizations and clear results of data that influence data driven decision-making with BASF.
* Your experience as a strategic thinker and influencer will aid you in the development and execution of the regional digital roadmaps in accordance with business goals.
* Working as a team player, you will be tasked with aligning with global and cross functional teams that may result in quick changes of directions that surface as part of the dynamic work environment.
* Your knowledge and drive of continuous learning will assist you in maintaining a pulse on the regions digital trends, and applying this knowledge / solution into the business roadmaps to ensure BASF remains a top innovator in the industry.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. [email protected] is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With [email protected], you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-MI-Southfield
Function: ITSE - Information Technology & Services
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.