· Anticipates the Directors' daily needs and prioritizes work accordingly.
· Facilitates communications of the Faculty Director and Executive Director with a wide range of internal CES & Harvard constituents and external contacts; schedules meetings & manages calendars; maintains contact databases, etc.
· Provides meeting support, including but not limited to the following: researches and produces background materials, prepares PowerPoint presentations, arranges space and other meeting logistics, prepares and circulates handouts, takes minutes and spearheads follow-up, e.g., tracks and executes action items, drafts thank you notes, etc.
· Conducts online & library research as needed to support development priorities, outreach initiatives, program development, etc.
· Composes, proofreads, edits and prepares correspondence, reports and other materials, including e-mails, letters, memos, etc.
· Handles telephone and e-mail inquiries.
· Makes domestic & complex international travel arrangements; processes travel & expense reimbursements.
· Maintains accurate and organized electronic and paper files. Prepares files for archiving.
· Participates in and provides administrative support for staff meetings. Attends trainings; applies what is learned to current and future work.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Communications-related and additional programmatic support includes, but is not limited to, the following:
· Assists in compiling content for and proofreading CES publications & collateral materials, e.g., CES Year in Review, Visiting Scholar brochure, etc.
· Assists with proofreading event entries & weekly events email, updating website content by adding and/or proofreading both new and existing content e.g., regularly updating bios of CES constituents, etc.
· Drafts letters & emails for targeted audiences.
· Collects analytics for CES social media platforms.
· Manages the upload, tagging & documentation of digital assets, such as photographs & videos on CES online platforms, e.g., Flickr, YouTube.
· Supports other communications related work as needed.
· Provides back-up administrative support for programmatic activities & event logistics. Attends weekly meetings; staffs events as needed.
· Financial support: performs other financial support functions, e.g., prepares expense reports for other faculty and administrators, provides backup to the Accounting Assistant, etc.
· Visiting Scholars Program: Working with the Program Manager, provides administrative support for application processes - prepares applications for review by the CES Steering Committee; answers general inquiries; generates notification letters, tracks acceptances and rejections, maintains files.
When applying for this position, please submit a cover letter with the resume.
Schedule: 35 hours per week; Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, with a one-hour unpaid lunch; some occasional overtime with supervisor's pre-approval.
All formal job offers will be made by FAS HR.
Salary Grade: 053
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
A minimum of three years of experience. Education beyond high school may count towards experience.
Bachelor's degree preferred. This position seeks a bright, organized, engaged, and dependable individual who is motivated by supporting the mission of CES. It requires the ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently. Must be efficient, proactive, and have strong attention to detail, as well as be able to multi-task and to meet firm deadlines. Strong communication and writing skills are essential, as well as the ability to collaborate with colleagues and constituents of diverse cultural backgrounds and communication styles. Developed abilities to be diplomatic, exercise sound judgment and use discretion with sensitive situations and confidential information. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office. General interest in and/or knowledge of Europe/European Studies and experience working in a university setting preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal Number: 51614BR
About Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.