This position reports to the IS&T Assistant Director for Process Applications and Electronic Document Imaging & Management. The Functional Analyst II is a professional role that will work simultaneously on multiple projects and efforts. They will author, edit, and maintain a variety of documents including service level documentation, requirements, agile stories and acceptance criteria, user acceptance test plans, user documentation, training materials, knowledge articles, web page content and standard operational process & procedure documents. This individual should have knowledge of the system development life cycle. They will attend and may conduct discovery sessions with internal clients, take on light Project Management duties for small client and operational projects. This position will share responsibility for support and documentation of ServiceNow and OnBase functionality currently enabling university processes including development projects, quarterly patches and annual upgrades, with the other members of a small tight-knit team. We expect a steep learning curve as knowledge of OnBase and ServiceNow are acquired. An ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, and have the capacity to absorb and integrate new information quickly. This position offers an opportunity to work in all stages of the software development life cycle, will provide a constant flow of new things to learn, and a variety of tasks on a week to week basis as a member of a dynamic and energetic team.
* Bachelors Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field with 2+ years of experience with Functional Analysis work preferred. 5+ years of experience or relevant certifications may be substituted for an undergraduate degree. Candidates holding more advanced degrees or with more than minimum experience are also welcome to apply.
* Excellent oral, written and presentation communications skills required.
* Experience doing business and functional analysis work and producing documentation required. Should be able to understand and translate requirements and instructions back and forth between business clients and technical team members.
* Experience working on projects/documents of simple to medium complexity.
* Strong skills with Microsoft tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Google Docs and Google Sheets required.
* Must have ability to rapidly produce a variety of diagrams using tools such as Visio or Lucidchart.
* Basic HTML skills sufficient to format text of knowledge articles or blog posts highly desirable.
* Experience with basic SharePoint functionality a plus.
* Ability to self-teach from documentation, existing code, and online training materials will be key factors to success in this position.
* Familiarity of project management concepts and frameworks such as waterfall, Prince 2, Agile / Scrum.
* Familiarity with ITIL terminology and processes a plus. Certifications in ITIL welcome. ITIL 4 training will be provided to the successful candidate.
* Familiarity with ServiceNow and/or OnBase applications a plus, but not required. Training on these applications will be provided.
* Promotes a team environment that values, encourages, and supports differences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Internal Number: 9974/ist
About Boston University
Boston University is no small operation. With over 33,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 140 countries, 10,000 faculty and staff, 16 schools and colleges, and 250 fields of study, our two campuses are always humming.