Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Operations & Facilities Management. The position is located at Olin Residence Hall. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
1. Assist in developing site specific planning strategies with senior leadership. Support the strategic efforts through delivering detailed analysis for productivity and efficiency for projects as well as long-term estimates. Also, ensure effective development within the assigned processes and procedures. Conduct needs assessment and offer solutions for efficiency.
2. Provide planning support for planning projects, i.e. project management and ensure effective transition of space planning efforts to project implementation, supporting a successful project workflow.
3. Plans complex space and physical construction for various WUSM facilities, including comprehensive development of space plans to accommodate staffing and other unique business requirements. Presents and participate in highly demanding negotiations with business units and implements programming and conceptual planning activities aligned with WUSM Senior Administration directives and plans, including solution recommendations to maximize space and productivity meeting the challenges of WUSM Research, Teaching and Clinical groups.
4. Schedules complex planning projects, monitors work in progress and completes all documentation related to these efforts utilizing assigned technology, tools, process and templates.
5. Plan, develop and enhance the existing training and development programs for the FMD staff in support of the planning leadership as well as for customer communications (presentations) in support of the program office.
6. Recommend, educate and enforce space guidelines or standards, procedures and protocols. Provide reports and metrics to measure department effectiveness.
7. Serve as a lead ambassador of the department by promoting a positive image through courtesy, professionalism and diplomacy.
8. Perform special projects as required.
Bachelor's degree in Architecture, planning or engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Civil). 10 years of experience in physical planning. Clinical planning experience required.
Master's degree in Planning, Architecture or Urban Planning.
Over 12 years of University or Medical School experience in a facilities organization is desired.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and operate in a faced paced environment with tight completion time frames.
Demonstrated effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Project management and leadership experience desired.
Demonstrated computer proficiency in MS Office Suite including spreadsheets and databases in a windows environment.
Demonstrated ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and productivity.
Experience working in a large highly structured environment with complex teams.
The hiring range for this position is $90,688 - $120,141 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Washington University in St. Louis, a medium-sized, independent university, is dedicated to challenging its faculty and students alike to seek new knowledge and greater understanding of an ever-changing, multicultural world. The University offers more than 90 programs and almost 1,500 courses leading to bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in a broad spectrum of traditional and interdisciplinary fields, with additional opportunities for minor concentrations and individualized programs. The faculty is composed of scholars, scientists, artists and members of the learned professions. They serve society by teaching; by adding to the store of human art, creativity, understanding, and wisdom; and by providing direct services, such as health care.