NCCER is looking for experienced Technical Writers with a proven track record of deadline writing and a background in the world of construction. NCCER produces curricula for the construction industry as well as career and technical colleges.
1) Work closely with NCCER Product Development Senior Managers and Operations leadership on project planning, production scheduling, and workflow to update and maintain construction craft training curriculum in more than 75 fields.
2) Oversee document preparation activities and prioritize update tasks in accordance with guidance of Senior Manager of Projects and in conjunction with Project Managers.
3) Write and/or review manuscripts, instructor resources, assessments, and other training and evaluation products.
4) Assist Project Managers with planning, managing, and coordinating assigned projects, to include:
a) Ensuring projects are completed on time, on budget, and in accordance with NCCER specifications and requirements.
b) Maintaining project components within the update cycle.
c) Acting as liaison to subject matter expert committees and vendors and facilitating work.
d) Ensuring communication of project information to the appropriate internal stakeholders.
5) Collect and interpret technical data or information and incorporate into curriculum structure.
6) Manage project updates within content and testing management systems.
7) Improve and maintain integrity of instructional system design throughout body of curriculum.
8) Present to subject matter expert committees and other constituents on product and program development processes or other NCCER-related topics.
9) Drive the training curriculum and assessment writing process by conducting or ensuring the following activities have been accomplished:
a) Identify contributors and their responsibilities.
b) Develop and maintain timelines in conjunction with Product Development staff.
c) Ensure that all development activities are completed prior to product version finalization.
d) Participate in discussions on product version finalization.
e) Review contribution and usage metrics and participate in product and process review meetings.
10) Build and maintain knowledge base to improve the overall training content of documents.
11) Integrate new and upcoming instructional technology modalities and techniques into content development and (with Publisher) delivery.
2 openings. Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: PD-TechWriter001
NCCER is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) education foundation created in 1996 as The National Center for Construction Education and Research. It was developed with the support of more than 125 construction CEOs and various association and academic leaders who united to revolutionize training for the construction industry. Sharing the common goal of developing a safe and productive workforce, these companies created a standardized training and credentialing program for the industry. This progressive program has evolved into curricula for more than 70 craft areas and a complete series of more than 70 assessments offered in over 6,000 NCCER-accredited training and assessment locations across the United States.