The Director of UChicago Online, in collaboration with the Associate Provost at UChicago Professional Education, provides vision and strategic leadership to ensure thoughtful and creative development of the online learning and digital technologies portfolio at UChicago aligned to the vision, priorities, and strategies of the Schools, Divisions, and academic departments involved.
1) Identify and vet online learning partners, managers, and specialists who can support the execution of technology and programs to support Schools, Divisions, and academic departments.
2) Lead and develop teams of instructional designers and media specialists committed to excellence in service and quality.
3) Build partnerships across the University with faculty and staff interested in extending impact via digital technologies and online learning.
4) Collaborate with faculty, staff, students, and partners on the delivery of instructional design and media services.
5) Ensure the quality of online learning experiences through attention to robust metrics and commitment to frequent assessment and evaluation.
1) Responsiveness to feedback and direction from senior leaders.
2) Timeliness, accuracy, relevance and progress of project deliverables.
3) Proactive project management and transparent communication.
4) Work effectively with team members, staff and faculty of UChicago.
5) Cultivate learning environment that challenges tradition and inspires innovation.
6) Proactively build strategic partnerships that champion value of performing as one University.
7) Maintain optimistic outlook, display confidence, and creatively marshal resources to achieve results amidst difficult circumstances.
8) Relentlessly pursue program and operational excellence and optimization.
9) Foster an environment where team members are highly motivated and committed to achieve unit strategies.
2) Cover Letter
3) References Contact Information
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07735
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.