Sinai Grace�s OR operates as a level Trauma 2 with atotal of 15 rooms, offering 13 specialties including: General, Ortho, Urology,Vascular, Da Vinci Robotics, GYN, ENT, Podiatry, Neurosurgery, Cardiothoracic(Hearts/Thoracic), OMF (Oral Maxillofacial), Plastics, Trauma. There are twodesignated rooms for the da Vinci robotic assisted system including SI and thenewest version XI, which offer minimally invasive options for complexsurgeries. The OR is notably the first in Detroit to offer Mako Robotic-ArmAssisted Surgery for joint replacement surgery of the knee. Sinai Graceperioperative services takes pride in meeting and exceeding the community andregions surgical and invasive needs.
Reporting directly to the siteChief Nursing Officer, assumes leadership responsibility for the services, functions, andprocesses in Perioperative Services. The job frequently hasprogrammatic responsibilities in Nursing, and influences in recommendation,development and implementation of policy & procedures; equipmentstandardization; capital planning; standard work measures; recruitment &retention efforts; process improvement initiatives; and, coordination of theJoint Commission Survey Process. Approves procedures/protocolsand/or seeks other departmental approvals, as appropriate. Develops,monitors and revises functional processes. Provides input into thedevelopment and revision of organizational structure for areas ofresponsibility. Approves personnel actions, such as hires, fires anddisciplines. Ensures the timely completion of performance appraisals. Thisinfluence is limited to the site level. Specifically, the positionidentifies the need for policy development and/or revision, defines policies incollaboration with higher-level management input, goals and objectives. Incollaboration with senior leadership, develops and implements current tointermediate goals and measures for areas of responsibility. Measures andassesses performance. As requested, assists in long-range goaldevelopment. Develops and monitors budget for areas of responsibility. Monitorsactivities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, JointCommission requirements and DMC/Tenet policies. As directed,implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospitaldepartments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. Master's degree in Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration or related field. Of two degrees, one must be in Nursing.
2. Seven (7) years of progressively more responsible clinical experience which may be concurrent clinical and/or progressively more responsible management experience.
3. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
1. Analytical ability to create solutions to difficult administrative, technical or human situations, to anticipate and resolve a broad range of issues and concerns on multiple, sometimes unrelated, topics, to determine the need for process development and refinement, to independently evaluate situations and outline ramifications of multiple solutions or options, to recommend goals for a function/area and understand when intervention in current work processes must occur to ensure successful delivery of service.
2. Communication and interpersonal skills for contacts with internal and external customers/stakeholders to obtain and interpret a variety of information based on knowledge of departmental practices, DMC policies and programs and specific technical and regulatory knowledge. Discretion must be exercised in deciding what and how to communicate; conflict resolution skills must be exercised where policy issues are concerned both within the functional area and interdepartmentally. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required. Ability to read, interpret and write technical materials.
3. Broad technical knowledge of the administration and operations of healthcare functions and facilities including human, legal, technological, fiscal and customer aspects of the delivery of care.
4. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
5. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.