The Rush Alzheimer's Disease Center (RADC) is leading experimental and epidemiological center for the study of Alzheimer’s disease, which has no preventative drugs, and is expected to soon triple in incidence.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work within the community while growing as a research professional, the Clinical Research Coordinator 3 position with theRush University Alzheimer's Disease Center may be for you!
To apply, please click on apply link and when taken to the home page click on "search jobs" in the top right-hand corner. Then, search for req # 2019-3240.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; with science or health-related field preferred
• 5-7 years of clinical research experience required; with a minimum of 5 years coordinating Human Subjects research
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and Good Documentation Practices
• Demonstrated knowledge of current NIH and/or FDA regulations and guidelines related to clinical research
• Relevant certification required as a Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP), Certified Clinical Research Associate (CCRA), Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC), or Certified IRB Professionals (CIP)
• Strong project management skills
• Demonstrated problem-solving, critical decision makings and professional judgement
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with a high attention to details
• Demonstrated ability to build rapport , navigate sensitive topics, and maintain confidentiality with a diverse pool of research participants and vendors
• Strong verbal and written communication with ability to communicate complex concepts to multiple audiences
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate within multi-disciplinary team settings
• Travel may be required
Preferred Position Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Sciences or health-related discipline preferred. Master’s degree with science or health related field highly preferred
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
Under supervision the Clinical Research Manager, leads more complex clinical research studies conducted by Principal Investigator (PI), which may include grant-funded, industry sponsored, and investigator-initiated clinical research studies. The CRC3 partners with the PI to manage multiple complex clinical research studies and supervises a team of 5 or more Clinical Research Staff. The individual who holds this position exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
· Supervises coordination of all aspects of the study including recruitment, consent, screening, scheduling, and tracking and provides study updates to study participants throughout the conduct of the study.
· Ensures data is entered into the study’s electronic data capture system and queries are responded to and resolved in a timely manner.
· Oversees the submission of study related documents, study protocols and study protocol amendments to the IRB per policy and procedure
· Ensures procedural documentation is accurate, complete, and in compliance with institutional, local, state and federal guidelines and regulations related to clinical research.
· May supervise the collection, processing and shipment of potentially biohazardous specimens
· May supervise administration of structured tests and questionnaires according to research study protocols including the utilization of study-related technology and equipment as part of assessment procedures.
· Reviews and finalizes summary report(s) for distribution to PI, Administrator, Office of Research Affairs, Sponsor and Compliance and ensures accurate study updates are provided throughout the conduct of the study
· Lead the development of any required action plans in conjunction with researcher
· Ensure unanticipated problems (protocol deviations, adverse events, and serious adverse events) are submitted in a timely manner
· Provide recommendations to proactively address complex issues and/or variances with study related activities
· Train and mentor clinical research staff members within the department.
· Conduct performance reviews and annual evaluations of staff
· May summarize and share relevant research during internal and external presentations.
· Maintains current knowledge of industry trends
Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
Rush's 14-story hospital Tower is the cornerstone of the Rush Transformation, and is the symbol of a philosophy-an evolution in the delivery of patient-centered care.
Rush offers a competitive salary, valuable healthy living benefits to include: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future. Whether you’re saving for retirement or a child’s education, Rush offers benefits to help you make the most of your money…now and in the future.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Internal Number: 2019-3240
About Rush University Medical Center
Rush offers a collaborative environment that fosters innovation, strives for excellence, nurtures respect for others, and ensures accountability in delivering world-class care to our patients. Here, you'll discover the benefits of working with a dedicated family of top professionals who are accountable for meeting our Service Standards. We seek employees who not only support our mission, but also those who actively contribute to our service-driven environment by enhancing the patient experience.