1) Identifies seminar themes, researches and recruits panelists, and moderates panel discussions at the weekly seminar series.
2) Generates all visual media components of publicity campaigns, including a biweekly electronic bulletin, 12 career-specific listservs, and flyer design and distribution for events and application cycles.
3) Manages all event logistics, including room reservations, A/V components, and catering.
4) Tracks event attendance and administers post-event surveys.
5) Provides data content for reports related to stakeholder meetings.
6) Processes financial documents, including invoices and reimbursements.
7) Builds and maintains the myCHOICE Mentor Database & Network.
8) Coordinates site visit logistics and alumni participation in quarterly career-themed treks.
9) Assists the Director in developing divisionally-tailored programming.
Â 10) Assists the Director and collaborators from other units to develop and expand divisional alumni networks and career outcomes tracking.
1) Excellent operational knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe Suite, including at minimum: Illustrator, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
2) Editing and proofreading skills.
3) Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
4) Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and perform well under tight deadlines.
5) Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and style.
6) Strong creative, analytical, and organizational skills.
7) Commitment to providing a high level of service and working in a team environment.
8) High degree of professionalism.
9) Awareness of and dedication to maintaining program and university branding and quality.
10) Ability to handle confidential information with utmost discretion.
1) Graduate and postdoctoral experience in the biological or physical sciences.
2) Certification in project management, web development, visual media communications, or information systems management.
1) Experience in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and PremierePro.
2) Proficiency in WordPress website development.
1) Cover Letter
2) Writing Sample
4) Minimum 3 references list
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07682
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.