USC Cultural Relations and University Events is seeking a Web & System manager to join its team. This position will manage the Web Developer and will manage the creation of web sites and graphics, maintenance of web content management pages, delivery of web projects and conduct usability testing for public-facing web sites. This person will also troubleshoot and fix computer and computer equipment for the department. In addition to strong front-end design and project management skills, the ideal candidate has great organization skills and can work independently on multiple projects and deadlines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project management
- Produce, customize and maintain existing event reservation pages
- Manage web design projects
- Create original web content and graphic assets
- Manage in the design, implementation, and management of web sites
- Coordinate student worker schedules and review web code and projects
- Fix, troubleshoot, and manage computer equipment
- Knowledge of web programming techniques and protocols
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working on moderate to complex web sites
- Ability to design and implement web services
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- High attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture
- Bachelorâs degree in Computer Information Systems or Digital Arts or combined work experience and education as equivalent.
-Experience: 5+ years working as a web developer maintaining moderate to complex web sites using modern web programming languages. Experience working in higher education institution.
- Demonstrated front-end web publishing experience (online portfolio is highly recommended)
- Mac/PC certification and/or knowledge of multiple operating systems
- Experience building web applications using APIs
- Management Experience
2) Cover Letter
4) Please attach a document answering the following questions:
Do you have experience managing a team of web developers?
If so, how many years and what kind of production web projects have you worked on recently?
Please provide 2-3 websites that are some recent projects you have developed that demonstrate your experience with different web languages. Explain what your role was with each and what kind of web technologies you used to create them.
How many years of experience do you have with PCs/LINUX/Mac? How many users/clients did you support?
What is your experience working with AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure?Â Do you have any certifications?
How many years experience do you have with networking and printing?
Describe your level of involvement working with internal clients and external IT vendors.
How would you describe great customer service and responding to IT/Web issues?
Do you have experience writing and implementing plans for IT disaster recovery? Please explain your experience.
Why are you interested in working in web development at USC with the Department of Cultural Relations & University Events?
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalentMinimum Experience: 4 yearsMinimum Field of Expertise: Understanding and strong technical knowledge of and experience with object oriented design; Web servers; Web applications and programming languages; Web content management systems, search engine optimization, and usability engineering.
Internal Number: REQ20084836
USC’s Viterbi School of Engineering has been one of the economic engines in Southern California and a vital hub in the California economy. The technical innovations and ideas generated by the Viterbi faculty and research community have resulted in countless innovations, many becoming the foundations for new companies, products and services. The thousands of students graduating each year bring new ideas and vitality to companies in California and beyond. With an annual research budget exceeding $205M each year, more than 46 research centers and institutes, more than 180 faculty members, 7,800 students and over 60,000 impassioned alumni world-wide, the Viterbi School is addressing some of the world’s great challenges.