We are seeking a dynamic individual with proven leadership skills to lead our safety and health program. This role will help develop and implement targeted safety strategies and tactics to promote a positive safety culture. The ideal candidate will have strong project management, leadership, and people skills. The successful candidate will work closely with a newly created safety and health assistant position, that will provide administrative support for the safety program.
East River Electric is a not-for-profit generation and transmission cooperative with a service area that covers 40,000 square miles. We deliver wholesale power to our members, which include 24 rural electric distribution cooperatives and one municipally-owned electric system in eastern South Dakota and western Minnesota. Our members, in turn, power the properties of the member-owners in their service territories.
This job opportunity is located at our main campus in Madison, South Dakota. Madison boasts a family-friendly, small town atmosphere with a wealth of modern amenities including the new Madison Regional Hospital, the high-tech campus of Dakota State University, a thriving community center and more. The town is centered between two lakes, provides ample recreational opportunities and is a short drive from many of eastern South Dakota's most popular attractions.
Learn more about Madison on our website: https://www.eastriver.coop/our-communities/
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the organization-wide strategic objectives to promote the Cooperative's safety performance.
- Collaborate with the safety and health assistant to identify the needed administrative support.
- Research, develop, and apply safety policies and procedures to comply with state and federal rules and regulations.
- Conduct post-accident investigations and provide leadership in identifying root causes and preventive actions.
- Take ownership of planning and implementing safety training to support employees and the public.
- Evaluate current trends, technology and potential programs to enhance the Cooperative's safety culture.
- Cultivate positive working relationships with employees, members, vendors, and other utility partners.
- Promote a strong safety culture by establishing clear safety expectations, standards, and processes.
B enefits include:
- Retirement pension plan
- 401(k) savings plan with a matching contribution
- Medical insurance and a Health Savings Account
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Flexible 9/80 work schedule with 9-hour work days and every other Friday off
Want to learn more about East River? Visit our website's career pages and hear what our current employees have to say.
Questions? Contact [email protected] or (605) 256-4536.
Position open until filled with initial review of applications beginning on January 28, 2020.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/DISABLED/VETERAN