Participates in the execution of the Association’s overall professional learning and educational services activities including content development, content design, learning technology management, quality control and online learning program oversight. This position focuses on the instructional design, growth and delivery of innovative technology-based education offerings to meet the training and learning needs of CSI members, CSI credential holders, and the greater architectural, engineering and construction (AEC) industry. This includes creating and maintaining quality online learning; instructor-led and blended courses - both live and asynchronous. Additional content creation and speaker management duties will relate to in-person conferences, retreats and meetings.
Online Learning (50-60%)
· Designs and implements online professional learning portfolio of courses related to domains within CSI credentials and CSI Standards/Formats that supports 24/7/365 access to quality content
· Direct, design, develop, edit and assess online programs, ensuring that goals of key constituents are met through multiple learning delivery methods and technology platforms (LMS – learning management systems, currently BlueSky path LMS)
· Identify, source and manage subject matter experts (SMEs) for online learning programs
· Identify opportunities to expand the digital footprint with organizational needs and content strategy
· Work with staff and volunteer members to identify topics, content presenters/contributors/authors
· Write effective content from adult learning and instructional design best practices that include copy, instructional text and assessments, use of audio/video and active learning
· Develop scripts and storyboards as part of the instructional design of module and micro-learning development in order to translate content into relevant and effective learning experiences including mobile learning
Membership/Volunteer/Customer Service (20%)
· Assure adherence to any Learning Unit (LU) and continuing education credit requirements for online courses, i.e. – CSI credentials, AIA, etc.
· Serves as staff liaison to assigned working groups and/or committees.
· Works with members, product reps, association, and corporate partners to design new programs.
Program Assessment (10%)
· Recommends process improvements related to online learning and event programming.
· Assists the Senior Manager and CLO in preparing reports and gathering data analysis.
· Evaluates the evolving professional learning space; supervises the development of long and short-range plans for achieving the CSI Board ends/goals and provides recommendations for activities.
· Assists staff with professional learning planning.
· Assists development and monitoring/revision of the budget for programs assigned.
· Attends staff and department meetings.
· Stays informed and up to date on quality standards, ADA issues and policy related to online learning, conferences, credentialing and professional development.
Conferences and Events (10 - 20%)
· Coordinate content, speakers/presenters and subject matter experts for in-person meetings, retreats, and conferences.
· Support meeting and event logistics, registration, materials preparations, attendee/guest and board requirements, etc.
· Implement effective technologies for face-to-face programs – mobile apps, vendor matching, call for session proposals submissions, etc.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· 5 years of relevant experience in online education development and delivery
· Knowledge of current best practices related to adult learning principles
· Ability to master various technology, web and data management systems
· Strong project management in resources, timelines, and objectives
· Collaborative, team approach with staff and members, while able to lead and function independently
· Multi-task and work with time sensitive deadlines
· Supervise, evaluate, and motivate subordinate volunteers, vendors and partners
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Speak effectively with clear, concise messaging
· Write comprehensive, concise and technical information that is persuasive and informative
· Work effectively under pressure, to exercise good judgment
· Establish and maintain effective work relationships with members and other staff
Experience, Training and Education:
· Bachelor’s degree with strong preference in the area of education, instructional design, online learning, adult learning, technology or another related field
· Prior work experience for a membership or trade/professional association
· Direct experience with learning management systems (LMS)
· Working knowledge of online learning authoring and development tools, presentation software, video and audio capture and editing, etc.
· Conference and event management, to include education, expo and logistics
· Certified Association Executive (CAE) preferred or willing to obtain