1) Provide HR leadership, expertise, and solutions throughout the BSD in functional areas including talent management, HRIS operations and strategy.
2) Support HR implementations, best practices and continuous improvements processes in HRIS systems, Â and annual/ad hoc programs and processes.
3) Build and cultivate trust allowing for open and transparent dialogue.
4) Support a feedback culture through training, coaching, and accountability.
5) Support diversity and inclusion helping identify ways to continuously improve and support a diverse workforce.
6) Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
7) Connector working as a resource to align structures, policies, processes, programs, systems, and people with strategy, vision and mission of the BSD and the University.
8) Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the business and culture to inform leadership on departmental and organizational priorities and concerns to drive initiatives.
9) Promote a culture of high engagement by implementing best practices. Â
10) Understand, anticipate and collaborate on processes that proactively and positively impact organizational change by diagnosing underlying issues and building the case for change with key stakeholders.
11) Work with leaders, employees, and internal partners to improve relationships, build morale, and increase engagement and retention.
12) Champion project management disciplines and provide processes, structures, and tools for individual project management across the business transformation organization.
13) Analyze trends and metrics in collaboration with University of Chicago, University of Chicago. Medical CenterÂ and functional leadership to develop and implement solutions, programs and organizational practices.
14) Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues by conducting thorough and timely investigations through to resolution and debriefing to put into practice solutions that mitigate future concerns.
15) Provide day to day performance management guidance to leadership (e.g.coaching , counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) and manage employee relation issues.
16) Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
17) Develop, implement and oversee HRIS data management activities, including Workday and corresponding processes.
1) Ability to proactively contribute in ambiguous and continuous improvement growth environment.
2) Ability to execute on business strategy within matrix organization
3) Ability to influence others without formal authority by building positive working relations and partnerships with confidence.
4) Ability to understand leaderâ™s needs, assess the range of solutions, assimilate data, provide relevant guidance, and coach to facilitate change.
5) Ability to achieve results while working under the pressures of shifting priorities in a dynamic and agile environment.
6) Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company.
7) Strong analytical skills with the ability to drive operational excellence and optimization.
8) Ability to cultivate a learning environment that appreciates cultural diversity.
9) Ability to create mission driven, cohesive teams by building talent infrastructure.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in finance, accounting, organizational development, international business or related field.
2) PHR or SHRM certification.
3) Six Sigma certification of other training in process improvement methodologies.
4) Project Management Professional (PMP)
1) Minimum of 2 years of experience in Human Resources generalist role.
2) Experience with core HR processes including talent acquisition, retention, performance management, onboarding, compensation, coaching, training, and development.
3) Experience in work allocation of team understanding accountability and team capacity.
4) Experience with employment law with ability to find solutions mitigating risk in employee labor relations matters.
5) Demonstrated experience delivering high quality HR servicesÂ as a business partner.
6) Experience using and applying data and analytics to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills to design and implement appropriate solutions.
7) Microsoft Office tools including Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio experience.
8) Workday HRIS or HRIS experience.
9) MS Teams, calendaring and shared drives experience.
10) Experience with Managed Service Provider (MSP), RecruitmentÂ Process Outsourcing (RPO) solutions, Vendor Management Systems (VMS) or Applicant Tracking System (ATS) technologies implementations or management strongly.
11) Vendor management experience.
12) Experience with implementing recruiting technologies such as VMS, ATS, etc.
13) Experience and ability with design and documenting process for a contingent and/or direct hire recruiting life cycle.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07392
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.