1) Coordinates effective delivery of physical plant services. Routinely monitors environmental conditions and verifies proper operation of building systems and equipment.
2) Coordinates effective delivery of EVS (janitorial) services. Routinely monitors the completion and the quality of standard EVS services.
3) Enforces policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all students, staff and faculty members.
4) Manages package receipt and delivery activities in the BSD campus buildings. Directly supervises stock clerks or messengers.
5) Coordinates University and Divisional safety and environmental compliance programs in buildings.
6) Implements Divisional building management program in the facility.
7) Acts as project manager for alterations and repairs as assigned by the Executive Director for Facility Operations.
1) Able to categorize and prioritize work activities.
2) Able to develop and implement solutions to varied problems.
3) Complete numerous activities in a multi-task environment.
4) Effectively communicate in both written and verbal format.
5) Able to use a personal computer and standard software packages.
6) Able to maintain confidentiality.Â Â
7) Able to inspect facilities, including mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
9) Able to climb stairs/ladders and orient body to complete inspections.
10) Able to lift up to 50 pounds and move small items (boxes, cylinders, etc).
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Operations Management or similar degree, or Associateâ™s degree in HVAC Engineering/Technology or Facilities/Operations Management.
2) Completion of advanced job-related education or designation programs, such as BOMI Institute.
3) Completion of facilities related certificate or designation programs, BOMI Institute.
1) Managerial experience of union employees.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07373
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.