1) Maintain a comprehensive catalogue of Informatics Resources, Tools, Governance Processes, Training, and Mentors across ITM institutions.
2) Maintain a Cross-ITM Data Governance Council, with regular meetings, established processes, reporting structure, and ad hoc working subgroups.
3) Work with the ITM Data Governance Council to establish and implement a cross-institutional Data Provenance Model.
4) Implement the sharing of informatics training across ITM institutions.
5) Develop and Implement informatics training to meet emerging needs, utilizing existing institutional resources (e.g., UChicago Graham School) where appropriate.
6) Foster an Informatics Mentoring Community.
7) Create, implement and oversee an application development strategy for new tools to facilitate clinical research cohort identification, protocol feasibility testing, recruitment, and the collection of research data within the EHR.
8) Align Informatics Cluster Activities with the CAPriCORN project, making use of PCORnet models and tools where appropriate.
9) Test and disseminate ITM-created informatics tools throughout ITM institutions, CAPriCORN, and the CTSA consortium.
1) Excellent communication, time management/organization, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
2) Ability to facilitate team decision-making processes and foster an environment of healthy team debate and collaboration.
3) Ability to work well with technical staff to identify and successfully address issues in areas beyond own technical expertise
4) Highly effective at coaching teams and providing feedback to both the team and stakeholders.
5) Comfort in dealing with ambiguity, ability to create focus and keep the team focused on business objectives.
6) Proven success facilitating team collaboration across multiple offices.
7) Ability to work with large amounts of data accurately and effectively.
8) Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
9) Ability to learn new content areas and new skills quickly and well .
1) Bachelor's degree in computer science.
2) Relevant technical training equivalent, such as a Project Management certification.
1) Experience leading informatics implementation projects.
2) Experience coordinating multi-institutional research projects.
3) Experience in clinical informatics and/or clinical research informatics (hospital systems, EDW, databases, interoperability, data standards) in an academic medical center strongly.
4) Experience in data governance (data sharing, HIPAA).
1) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07354
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.