1) Responsible for the development and implementation of software and data infrastructure project plans
2) Responsible for working directly with stakeholders to gather, detail, and refine specifications for software development projects, including development of applications, websites, and visualization tools and platforms.
3) Responsible for creation and maintenance of project artifacts such as specifications documents, meeting minutes, agendas
4) Responsible for creation and ongoing support of project backlogs5.)Responsible for regular reporting of project deliverables against timelines
1) Experience in successfully applying Agile methodology to complex software projects
2) Experience working with key stakeholders on requirements refinement
3) Experience working with software developers and data architects on requirements refinement and Agile software estimation
4) Excellent communication, time management / organization, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
5) Ability to facilitate team decision-making processes and foster an environment of healthy team debate and collaboration.
6) Ability to work well with technical staff to identify and successfully address issues in areas beyond own technical expertise
7) Highly effective at coaching teams and providing feedback to both the team and stakeholders.
8) Comfort in dealing with ambiguity, ability to create focus and keep the team focused on business objectives.
9) Proven success facilitating team collaboration across multiple offices
10) Ability to work with large amounts of data accurately and effectively.
11) Ability to learn new content areas and new skills quickly and well.
1) Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar field
2 )Relevant technical training equivalent, such as a Project Management certification.
1) Experience leading software development projects, especially in cloud infrastructure
2) Experience in clinical research informatics (hospital systems, EDW, databases, interoperability, data standards, clinical trials) in an academic medical center or related setting
2. Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07278
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.