The primary purpose of this position is to provide production troubleshooting, operational support, and system subject matter expertise for the functional users of Banner HR (HR/Payroll/Position Control modules) and other ancillary systems. This includes the management of system integrations and 3rd party vendor relationships, researching and resolving problems, and providing systems analysis and project management for implementations and process improvements. -Provide production troubleshooting and operational support for all HR/Payroll systems and 3rd party interfaces including: Banner HR, compensation, benefits, payroll, position control modules; PeopleAdmin, recruiting, position & performance management; Law Logix; and HR/Payroll data feeds to other university or external systems.
-Lead and/or contribute to HR/Payroll projects. This includes recommending solutions, gathering and documenting requirements for new solutions, testing solutions and system configuration changes, establishing requirements and data mapping for reports and interfaces, and data clean up as needed.
-Develop reports and fulfill data requests for HR/Payroll/Position Control data.
-Complete testing for Banner HR system upgrades, patches or configuration changes.
- Write and maintain system requirements, specifications, and process documentation.
Minimum Experience / Education:
Bachelor's degree in a business or technology related field from an accredited institution. Experience in the field of work related to the position's role may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Preferred Education Skills and Experience:
– 7+ years of business systems analyst experience supporting the Banner HR system (HR, Payroll, and/or Position Control modules). Experience with Human Capital Management functionality, as part of another Enterprise Application system, will also be considered.
-Experience as a business systems analyst in Higher Education.
- Advanced knowledge of the Banner HR system capabilities, configuration, technical components and data structures.
- Experience with PeopleAdmin or Kronos Time and Labor Management is a plus.
–Expertise developing complex reports using PL/SQL or WebFocus.
-Advanced Excel knowledge, experience, and skills.
- Expertise in HR/Payroll functional business processes and the application of that knowledge to HCM systems and advanced technical solutions.
- Experience documenting requirements and creating precise specifications for new development and modifications.
- Experience with testing methodologies, test script creation and execution, and documenting test results.
– Highly detail oriented with strong organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and achieve results with minimal supervision.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills. Exercises strong judgment, leadership, and diplomacy skills to interact positively and communicate appropriately with technical and functional partners, external partners, and all levels of management.
UNC Charlotte is North Carolina's urban research institution. Our campus is located in the piedmont of North Carolina, just two hours from the mountains and three hours from the Atlantic Ocean. A large public university with a small college feel, more than 27,200 students consider UNC Charlotte’s 1,000-acre campus their home away from home.