AV Webcast / Team Lead - Research Triangle Park, NC-1903813 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
AV Webcast / Team Lead (1903813) - Research Triangle Park, NC
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with the core A/V Team and leadership in Florham Park, NJ to provide project support for webcasts and live events in a global corporate environment. Under general direction, you will plan and facilitate studio- and field-based webcast production including planning, filming, editing, sound mixing, and graphic design to satisfy a wide range of video needs. This is a highly collaborative position that requires working with key internal Executive stakeholders and external Customers & Partners, driving process and workflow, and managing deadlines. You will also influence the growth of global webcasting strategies through new and innovative technology, as well as satisfy the growing demand locally. Success in this role will be greatly dependent on your ability to cultivate strong, inclusive relationships that ultimately foster teamwork and productivity, all in line with the BASF culture of teamwork.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Your strong background in running Webcasts will be essential as you plan and oversee the production of webcasts, from pre-production to final product. You will also assess individual requirements for webcast, audio, and video events, consult with IT networking and local IS team to determine specific resources, location needs, and technical details.
* Displaying comprehensive understanding of media broadcasting with a strong focus utilizing BASF standard- Kollectives' (Kontiki) webcasting tool, you will administer webcast set-up, including creation of webcast links, communication to webcast attendees, and collaboration with a production team to ensure a cohesive final product.
* Demonstrating a "customers first" mindset, you will work with varied work schedules, event management and setup, and automation and integration of IS toolsets. You will perform in a deadline-driven, high-profile environment with key stakeholders (e.g. CEO, Presidents, SVPs, VPs) mostly in the RTP area. Some key innovative events will occur on a regular basis to further grow and challenge this role with many open & creative opportunities in broadcasting important events.
* Using good judgement, you will decide how and when to bring in management and other teams for guidance or assistance.
* Your dynamic communication skills will serve you well in job innovation and daily operations.
* Leveraging your education (preferably in Information Technology or related Audio-Visual Communications) and experience in handling matters of significance for Leadership, Technology platforms, and Project Management, you will provide demonstrated global event and resource coordination (with A/V Vendors). Onboarding local AV Vendors will be required in this role to be successful for local events.
* Your experience with AV project build-out installations will be critical as you set up, repair, and upgrade A/V equipment throughout large RTP corporate campuses (2) and remote sites.
* Your experience implementing AV standards and technologies from Cisco will be a valued asset as you use technical focus tools such as Wirecast - Mac OS computers usage, Yamaha audio boards, remote control video cameras, TD, and floor manager skills for successful overall event production.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Function: ITSE - Information Technology & Services
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.