The Advanced Light Microscopy Operation of the Molecular Cytology Core Facility at MSK is seeking a Senior Research Scientist/Senior Microscopy Specialist to join their team.
The Molecular Cytology Core Facility is offering a full-time position for a highly motivated person who is interested to apply and further develop his skills to support scientists and students with image acquisition and data analysis. The MCCF is supporting complex microscopy setups, including Zeiss confocal/Airyscan, Leica confocal microscopes (SP5 on an upright stand, SP5 on an inverted stand and SP8/WLL&APDs), widefield bright field/fluorescence microscopes, laser capture microdissection microscope, digital slide scanners and image analysis workstations with a range of software packages, e.g. Imaris, AutoQuant, MatLab, FIJI/ImageJ, Voloom, CaseViewer. We have more than hundred users with a diverse range of applications and imaging needs.
The new team member is expected to work with image processing and image analysis in the dynamic environment of basic and clinical researchers, as well as oversee the training of the scientists, using the equipment.
As the Senior Research Scientist/Microscopy Specialist You Will:
- maintenance of the daily operation of the high-end light microscopes and equipment infrastructure, including instrument performance tests, troubleshooting, alignments
- teaching microscopy classes
- writing reports, preparing presentations, collaborating in scientific papers
- user consultation, training and assistance with routine and advanced light microscopy techniques to ensure correct set up and optimum microscope operation
- provide project-based advice for preparation of biological samples, including fixation, tissue sectioning, tissue clearing and expansion microscopy, image acquisition, data processing and image analysis
- maintenance and upgrades of the Core infrastructure (network, computers, servers, software) in coordination with the IT team
PhD in (Biology, BioPhysics or related fields with several years of work experience with microscopyimage processing and image analysisS
Strong service and team-orientation, and excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
Practical experience with data processing, data management, image analysis, programming and advanced imaging techniques
A passion for learning and problem solving
Strong organizational skills, flexibility in working hours and ability to multi-task
Interested candidates should complete the online application and include a CV, cover letter that includes a list of relevant experience and the names of three references.
Internal Number: 2019-38233
About Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
As one of the world's premier cancer centers, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The close collaboration between our physicians and scientists is one of our unique strengths, enabling us to provide patients with the best care available today as we work to discover more effective strategies to prevent, control, and ultimately cure cancer in the future. Our education programs train future physicians and scientists, and the knowledge and experience they gain at Memorial Sloan-Kettering has an impact on cancer treatment and the biomedical research agenda around the world.