The Boston Symphony Orchestra (BSO) has an immediate opening for a Website Manager. This role is responsible for ongoing maintenance and support of a website for an organization with multiple product lines, a deep and broad event calendar, an active Education and Community Engagement team, and a website redesign soon to begin. This position is full of potential for meaningful impact at a significant historical arts organization. Keen self-motivation, excellent time-management, interest in supporting a fast-moving team, and an ability to vision the future are key attributes for a successful candidate.
· Administer the BSO website. Receive, execute and deploy organizational web requests in a timely and accurate manner.
· Work with other members of the Digital team to ensure that necessary content is requested, received, and deployed on schedule to support the organization’s Marketing strategy.
· Support fundraising goals on the web with donation page creation and content creation strategies for annual cycle of appeals and donor asks.
· Integrate community engagement strategies and events into the web structure and content planning calendar.
· Plan for and execute web strategy to ensure maximum site uptime and reliable disaster recovery options.
· Partner with colleagues, outside consultant, and technology vendors to plan, build, and launch a new BSO website (est. 2020-2021).
· Develop and execute strategic approach to future digital development in response to BSO organizational goals and Sr. Dir. Marketing vision.
· Quarterly review of total BSO web presence for alignment with organizational and departmental strategic goals.
· Manage and oversee the day-to-day content administration for the BSO website and micro-sites across all departments of the BSO.
· Liaise with BSO staff regarding website changes and new requests.
· Monitor and respond to Zendesk help tickets for web support.
· Ensure maximum site uptime. Create backup and disaster recovery strategy for quick repair of critical site issues.
· Ensure content is entered for all BSO departments in an accurate and timely manner. Includes:
· Support strategic Marketing efforts across all brands and sites with continuously updated content and features.
· Manage and administer performance and event promotions, packages and discounts on the web.
· Support annual and one-off donation page request to further BSO fundraising goals.
· Create ‘feature’ content to advertise BSO events across BSO’s various digital properties.
· Integrate Education and Community Engagement events into the BSO web, including event registration, feature production, and calendar listings.
· Ensure content is up-to-date and meets style guidelines in compliance with BSO standards.
· Serve as primary contact to collect content and collateral from other departments to incorporate into the BSO website.
· Monitor digital environment for errors and assume responsibility for resolution.
· Regularly review site for optimizations and improvements to provide the best possible digital patron experience.
· Manage online transaction integration with BSO transaction software (Tessitura)
· Work with Ticketing and Customer Experience team to manage season on sale dates, on sale events, and event deployment on the web.
· Participate in new transaction path development and liaise with transaction path vendor once deployed.
· Keep educated about best-in-class site standards. Encourage BSO to meet and exceed those standards.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum of five years related experience, including previous CMS administration experience.
Knowledge of Photoshop or like application required.
Knowledge of Dreamweaver or like application preferred.
Excellent attention to detail.
Able to balance and prioritize competing requests.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Boston Symphony Orchestra is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and encourages applications from female and minority candidates.”
About Boston Symphony Orchestra
The Boston Symphony Orchestra, Inc. engages more people in the remarkable variety and wonder of classical music than any other symphonic organization in the world, bringing music into the lives of millions of people every year. The rich tapestry of offerings by the Boston Symphony, Pops, Tanglewood Music Center and Tanglewood Festival Chorus represent the best that the art form offers. Known for its diverse programs, passionate performances and tradition of innnovation, the Boston Symphony Orchestra has been at the forefront of artistic excellence for more than 135 years.