Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity, and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Director, Member Communications in the Corporate Relations Group. In this position, you will have the opportunity to enhance CFC’s brand as the preferred financing institution for electric cooperatives by delivering attractive, cutting edge and “error-free” communications materials that tell the CFC story. You will also manage CFC Solutions New Bulletin and our corporate election process.
As a Director, Member Communications, you will:
• Manage CFC Solutions News Bulletin and related publications to ensure on time production and delivery as well as content accuracy and quality.
• In conjunction with VP, Corporate Communications, develop strategy for member communication and digitization efforts.
• Research and write articles and publications for member consumption.
• Provide leadership and direction on the digitization of content and publications.
• Manage the Mass Communications process.
• Serve as a liaison to various electric cooperative communicator and other communities.
• Review, edit, write and approve various communications items.
• Manage and promote career development for writer(s)/editor(s) on staff.
To be successful, you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or related field.
• Minimum of ten years of experience required.
• Understanding of the finance and utility industries and cooperative business model desired.
• Demonstrated knowledge of publications and content development.
• Advanced MS Office skills.
• Strong understanding of content management systems (CMS) and digital media.
• Strong attention to detail and organization.
• Outstanding grammar, writing and editing skills.
• Proven ability to work with internal and external constituencies.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
The National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (CFC) was founded in 1969 by the rural electric cooperative industry. CFC is a nonprofit finance cooperative with more than $25 billion in assets that provides industry expertise, flexibility and responsiveness to more than 1,000 member-owners to help them meet their financial needs. At CFC, our members’ success is our success. Our commitment to our members goes beyond our work as a lender. In addition to our lending solutions, CFC offers treasury services, investment opportunities, financial models and tools, programs to support and promote the cooperative business model, and industry-leading events and training.